Pogo Sketch - Has anyone actually used it for writing?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by shodka8, Jul 12, 2010.

1. shodka8

shodka8
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    In terms of stylus pens for ipad, How does it compare???? I desperately want to write on the ipad and take notes. Even bought Penultimate but it truly SUCKS with my finger!!!!

Any reviews? Thoughts? THanks!

2. iPadPil

iPadPil
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I bought pogo but it is no good for note taking or drawing which I bought for. Said that I converted it to feel like a drawing stylus like a Wacom one that I use over the years. I will post tomorrow on how to and pics. Check this forum tomorrow. Got to board the plane now.

3. HarlyFan

HarlyFan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    There is also another stylus advertised on this site by Mobi for $20, has any one tried this one? I need to order one that actually works.

Thanks!

4. misterkofa

misterkofa
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I use it for both sketching and writing. I'm a professional designer and well aquainted with wacom tablets, however, i prefer using the ipad as it's direct contact then looking at the screen while drawing.

As with anything, it takes practice. Use it consistently for a week or so and you should be fine.

Here's a drawing i sketched, inked and colored on my ipad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. iPadPil

iPadPil
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well, to start I am not a professional designer but I do like to sketch. Here is a picture of a converted Pogo after taking apart three ball point pens next to the Wacom stylus I am using over the years. The feel is not exactly the same put very close if I may say. I still believe the Pogo is made for the iPhone tapping and if you have medium or big hands you are out of luck. Anyway, below is a picture of my Pogo next to the Wacom stylus (the cent under is for giving the sense of comparison size wise), and the next is done on iPad using my Pogo stylus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. CaptKirk

CaptKirk
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Very Nice,,, some of the art and sketching you very talented people do on the iPad is totally amazing

7. shodka8

shodka8
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Question - will the wacom work directly for ipad or do i have to modify???

ps your art looks great people!!!!!

8. iPadPil

iPadPil
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks-The Wacom stylus does not work on the iPad.

9. misterkofa

misterkofa
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    nice work. what app are you using? after trying all the major ones...brushes, art studio, etc. I've found sketchbook pro the best for my needs along with adobe ideas.

10. iPadPil

iPadPil
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Right on!!. Thanks for the comments. I did not comment on yours since you being a professional designer you always not only get praise about your work but you make your living too. In any case, great work!