1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Podcast diplay

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by UNCADON, Dec 13, 2013.

1. UNCADON

UNCADON iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently viewed podcasts in the podcast app and the podcasts were displayed with very big icons arranged in columns that took up the whole screen under their subject names. Great! Now I don't know how to get that view. Can anyone help?
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,979 / 1
    I'm not sure what you were seeing; since I don't' remember what the older version looked like.

With the current version of the Podcast app you get a list of subscribed podcasts to the left, with a reasonably large display of the selected podcast int he right column. Or you can have a full screen view of of big icons. When you select an icon in this view you get a popover window similar to what you see in the App Store.

You switch between views using the two icons at the tip right; six squares for the icon view, and three lines for the column/list view.

Are you seeing something different?

Hold in mind that the Podcast app was recently updated to fit in with the new OS 7, so some changes are to be expected.
  3. UNCADON

UNCADON iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks I guess I was looking at the previous version. It was so useable and organised.
    Why do Apple have a need to change all icons in new IOS? Famous for creating easy to use software & then they do the opposite and make it difficult for ever user to transition for no obvious reason
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,979 / 1
    I find the new Podcast app easy to use, a reasonable compromise between power and complexity. The previous one was ok. The one before that was painful, with it's silly big wheel of scrolling top podcasts that took forever to load.

No app is ever going to be perfect for everyone, and any developer, including Apple, will continue to tweak it's apps to try and find a better mix of features. Nothing gets better if you don't change, and change always comes with risk.

There several third party podcast apps, some more powerful, some less complex. Shop around. You're sure to find one you like.
    • Like Like x 1