What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Podcast diplay

UNCADON

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently viewed podcasts in the podcast app and the podcasts were displayed with very big icons arranged in columns that took up the whole screen under their subject names. Great! Now I don't know how to get that view. Can anyone help?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you were seeing; since I don't' remember what the older version looked like.

With the current version of the Podcast app you get a list of subscribed podcasts to the left, with a reasonably large display of the selected podcast int he right column. Or you can have a full screen view of of big icons. When you select an icon in this view you get a popover window similar to what you see in the App Store.

You switch between views using the two icons at the tip right; six squares for the icon view, and three lines for the column/list view.

Are you seeing something different?

Hold in mind that the Podcast app was recently updated to fit in with the new OS 7, so some changes are to be expected.

OP
U

UNCADON

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I guess I was looking at the previous version. It was so useable and organised.
Why do Apple have a need to change all icons in new IOS? Famous for creating easy to use software & then they do the opposite and make it difficult for ever user to transition for no obvious reason

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I find the new Podcast app easy to use, a reasonable compromise between power and complexity. The previous one was ok. The one before that was painful, with it's silly big wheel of scrolling top podcasts that took forever to load.

No app is ever going to be perfect for everyone, and any developer, including Apple, will continue to tweak it's apps to try and find a better mix of features. Nothing gets better if you don't change, and change always comes with risk.

There several third party podcast apps, some more powerful, some less complex. Shop around. You're sure to find one you like.

Most reactions

Latest posts