What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

podcast after jailbreak..

psykopat81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad2 4.3.3 jb

problem:
-when i open itunes (on my ipad) >> podcast and try to download any of them it kicks me to springboard.

(i don't have permission to see subcategories of any podcast , itunes shoots me )

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can I take a wild guess and suggest you have Action Menu installed?
If so there is an incompatibility which the developer is aware of.

To get round it whilst you are dealing with podcasts, either go into safe mode from SBSettings (Power > Safe Mode) and download your podcasts, then respring, OR
In SBSettings "more" option, choose "Mobile Substrate Addons" and turn off Action Menu OR
Uninstall Action Menu in Cydia.

Obviously, once you are done downloading you can re-enable / re-install. Depending on how much you do this will depend which solution is best for you until a fix gets issued.

The issue also affects the iBooks Store, and App Store, wherever there is a Window popup.

Hope that helps...

Last edited:
OP
P

psykopat81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you..

that solved my problem

i will wate for patch..

you are real "super moderator" f4780y ))

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I'm pleased to announce that Ryan has released a fix for ActionMenu (and the plus pack) which resolves the issue with iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store crashing whenever a pop-up window is shown.

I have tested and you are now able to open the "Store" in iBooks with Action Menu installed, which you were not able to do before this fix.

However, this is not a fix for the wider iBooks DRM issue being suffered by some. That will need to come from Comex, and it appears he is aware of the problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts