What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pod Casts

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I activated Pod Casts on my Mini but did not choose anything to download, etc. Now there is a #1 showing above that icon, but I cannot discover what is is referring to. Thanks for any help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So, when you open the app there are no podcasts shown in the left column?

Try pulling down your notification center and see if there are any related notifications. I can't think of what would be there, but it is all I can think of.

You can also go to Settings > Notifications, and choose the Podcast app to see what alerts and notifications are turned on. If nothing else you can just turn off the badge altogether.

I generally leave it off because, I really don't care how many unread podcasts are sitting in the app. I'll get to the them when I darn well feel like it, or not. ;)

OP
lowertech

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, when you open the app there are no podcasts shown in the left column?

Try pulling down your notification center and see if there are any related notifications. I can't think of what would be there, but it is all I can think of.

You can also go to Settings > Notifications, and choose the Podcast app to see what alerts and notifications are turned on. If nothing else you can just turn off the badge altogether.

I generally leave it off because, I really don't care how many unread podcasts are sitting in the app. I'll get to the them when I darn well feel like it, or not. ;)

Aha. I forgot to turn off badges, notifications, etc. in Settings when I set up Podcasts. I usually turn off all those things for all apps - as you say, when I want to I'll check on news, weather, podcasts, etc. Thank very much for the clue... bet I don't forget that again! :)

Most reactions