1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Pod Casts

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by lowertech, Mar 31, 2013.

1. lowertech

lowertech iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I activated Pod Casts on my Mini but did not choose anything to download, etc. Now there is a #1 showing above that icon, but I cannot discover what is is referring to. Thanks for any help.
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,001 / 1
    So, when you open the app there are no podcasts shown in the left column?

Try pulling down your notification center and see if there are any related notifications. I can't think of what would be there, but it is all I can think of.

You can also go to Settings > Notifications, and choose the Podcast app to see what alerts and notifications are turned on. If nothing else you can just turn off the badge altogether.

I generally leave it off because, I really don't care how many unread podcasts are sitting in the app. I'll get to the them when I darn well feel like it, or not. ;)
  3. lowertech

lowertech iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Aha. I forgot to turn off badges, notifications, etc. in Settings when I set up Podcasts. I usually turn off all those things for all apps - as you say, when I want to I'll check on news, weather, podcasts, etc. Thank very much for the clue... bet I don't forget that again! :)
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,001 / 1
    No problem.

Though I'm still wondering what the badge was for if you did not have any un-listened-to podcasts.
  5. lowertech

lowertech iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yup - another one of life's little mysteries. :)