What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pocketbook Informant

magsmag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am at the end of my tether, trying to sync my ipad to my new iphone 3GS. I've read all sorts of things from different sources...I'm throwing in the towel with it and just want an easy life.
There is an app...mentioned in this title.....I believe, Tim, you have it. Do I have to buy 2? One for the iphone and 1 for the ipad? I just want to download it and have it work wirelessly across them both....is it really too much to ask for? The reason I got this phone was for this kind of thing. Come to mention it.....some of my apps have synced....in that...I got them on the iphone when I put it into my laptop......but I thought all the info would be transferred in as well. For example, I have downloaded the vault.......but the info in it hasn't transferred to my iphone.....what do I have to do.? Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem with Pocket Informant is that it comes in two versions - one specifically for the iPad and one specifically for the iPhone. Some apps adapt automatically between platforms but others - if the Developer decided that the 'form factor' of the two platforms was so different that it required a completely different screen layout - produced independent apps for the two.

I only have the iPad version, so I can offer no comment on the iPhone version or synchronising between these two platforms. For sure, you can email a backup of your current Pocket Informant diary to yourself as a 'backup' and I have seemlessly restored from that backup, so I know it works just fine.

Maybe there are others that can comment on the PI version for the iPhone.

Tim

OP
M

magsmag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm returning my iphone Tim, thanks for reply.

Most reactions

Latest posts