What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pocket informant rotation problems and more

Pete77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After trying out several calender apps, i thought i found a reasonable solution in Pocket Informant. However, this app has the tendency to lock itself up in either landscape or portrait mode. This happens often. It locks up and you can't rotate it anymore. You need to do a complete reboot to get it unlocked. Could this be a bug?

Another problem I've encounter is with the syncing. Apparently it only syncs with google when you launch the app. Eventhough there is a setting where you can let it autosync at a desired interval, it will fetch events only when you launch it. This means that when you create an event in google calender and don't open Pocket Informant, you will not receive an alarm or anything. This seems to be a problem with all other calender apps except for the stock ipad calender which is terrible.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use PI all the time and have never experienced the rotation issue. Try completing quitting the app in the multi-task bar (double tap the Home button, press any icon there until they all jiggle, then touch the upper left-hand corner of the PI app) and see if that fixes the problem.

Tim

OP
P

Pete77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wouldn't that just delete the app.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't experienced the lock up problem either. Deleting the app from the *multitask bar* (hit the "-" and not an "X") will not delete the app.

OP
P

Pete77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ow, now I understand what you mean. This is my first apple product so I'm used to accessing the task manager in android fthrough an app. I've rebooted the iPad so I'll give it a try next time it gets locked.

Is there away to let PI sync with google calender without having to launch it?

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure about PI sync to Google because I don't use Google calendar - but I'm certain there have been some other posts on the Forum about that recently.

Tim

Most reactions