What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pny wireless media player

Alan kershaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This player requires an app to make to operate correctly, all information available suggests that one is available from the Apple Store no such app is there can anybody help??

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All the evidence I've found says the app should be available in the UK App Store as the company offering the media reader is based in the UK. If the app isn't in the App Store have you considered contacting the manufacturer? Maybe the company can point you in the right direction.

BTW,I've deleted the other thread started by you on this same topic. Besides fragmenting any resulting conversation, making it hard to follow. It's also against our forum rules.

Last edited:
OP
A

Alan kershaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've contacted the manufacturer and they aware that the app is not in the App Store . But they cannot confirm that they are going to or having it installed in there. I am confused that a company can offer a unit for sale stating that an app is available when it is not. This must be wrong.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe the app was in the App Store and was removed, either by Apple or the developer?

Have you actually bought this device? If so, I believe that the distance selling regulations should entitle you to a refund within a certain time from the purchase. https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses/overview

Also, since the device is useless without the app, that would be another reason to ask for a refund.

Last edited:
OP
A

Alan kershaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's no good for me I want to use this unit on an iPad mini

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Without the app, can you at least "connect" via wifi? In other words, when you fire up the media unit, does it display a wifi network that shows up in your wifi network list?

OP
A

Alan kershaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without the app, can you at least "connect" via wifi? In other words, when you fire up the media unit, does it display a wifi network that shows up in your wifi network list?
The app has now appeared on the Apple Store

Most reactions

Latest posts