What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

plug...canada

markspencer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have recvd a ipad from canada
how do I find the right plug
will the voltage be the same as canada

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The voltage will convert automatically if you use the charger that came with it (the charger says 110-240V on it, so it is fine in China). However, you will need to buy a plug adapter for the charger.

dale600rr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The voltage will convert automatically if you use the charger that came with it (the charger says 110-240V on it, so it is fine in China). However, you will need to buy a plug adapter for the charger.

Instead of an adapter, just pull off the actual plug part from the charger and you'll see that there's a normal figure-8 plug in there (see adapter type C7 on this page: IEC connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Then just go buy one of those from a computer or general merchandise store and it'll work...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another solution is to buy an Apple iPad charger in your country. It has a removable block that takes out the twin prong to get the benefit of a longer wire.

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know about other countries but the Canadian iPad comes with a charger to which the plug portion cannot be removed. So the plug bit is part of the charging cube itself. Only the USB cable that goes into the cube is removable.

The only easy solutions are:

1. Buy the iPad charger in your country, which will give you a longer cable and more options, this way you'll have a specific charger plus the North American one.
2. By a simple adapter for Canada/US to your country and stick that to iPad charger that came with the iPad. Should only cost a few bucks or less. This is the cheapest and easiest. If you live in China these'll be easy to find. I used to live in Korea and could find them for about a dollar.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's probably off. Hold the top right button and the one on the bottom of the face depressed at the same time for a few seconds and see what it does.

Most reactions

Latest posts