What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pls who can help me to print

OP
G

gbenga_adetoro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pls i dont know how to configure my ipad 3 with my hp desk jet 4500 wireless and what is need to configure it

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I read, Apple's AirPrint is not available on this printer (and so, you cannot print to it natively). However, HP has provided this workaround to get their printers to allow you to print. See this link for what to do (according to HP):

"Printing from Your Mobile Device with Non-Web-Enabled Printers (No AirPrint or ePrint Support) (HP Business Support Center)"

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...d=3944755&prodTypeId=18972&objectID=c02775166

Marilyn

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
pls who can help solve printing on ipad 3. i have j4500 wireless hp printer

Hello Gbenga... - welcome to the forum! :)

An AirPrint enabled printer is the quickest means of printing from the iPad - check HERE for more information on this Apple technology and also printers (brands/models) that are compatible. Unfortunately, I do not see your HP printer model on the list - thus, I would suggest that you visit the HP website to see if there is a firmware upgrade to your machine that will allow printing or possibly an app/program (for the iPad or your computer) that will simulate AirPrint?

Now, I'm not sure if your 'wireless' printer is working w/ a desktop computer, but there are third party options that will mimic AirPrint; several are available, but the one that I've been using for nearly 2 years is FingerPrint (from Collobos HERE) - a small program resides on my desktop computer (which is wired to my 2 printers); nothing on the iPad, but when an app offers a 'print option', I can select either printer.

Good luck and let us know your solution(s) - :thumbs:

P.S. Well I must be a lot slower than Marilyn in replying - but still good luck! :D

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope these answers are helping.

I must add - I deleted your other thread you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Most reactions