What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pls help! My jailbroken ipad2 is locked in the recovery mode

elmoooooo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have read through the threads on similar problem but the solutions don't seem to work for me!

I have jailbreak my ipad2 long time ago and I was stupid enough to do an update of the ios OTA. Anyways, it was locked in the recovery mode now and I have tried TinyUmbrella, but it doesn't work.

Moreover, I have tried to put it into DFU mode (with success) but then the problem is iTune won't even recognize my ipad even it's in DFU mode.

Any solution how to bring my ipad2 back to life? Any solution is greatly appreciated!

Thanks~

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have read through the threads on similar problem but the solutions don't seem to work for me! I have jailbreak my ipad2 long time ago and I was stupid enough to do an update of the ios OTA.

Anyways, it was locked in the recovery mode now and I have tried TinyUmbrella, but it doesn't work. Moreover, I have tried to put it into DFU mode (with success) but then the problem is iTune won't even recognize my ipad even it's in DFU mode.

Any solution how to bring my ipad2 back to life? Any solution is greatly appreciated!

Thanks~
If you follow every step in this tutorial exactly, you will end up with a functional non-jailbroken iPad on iOS 7.0.4. You can then re-jailbreak on ios7.0.4, if you choose. http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

OP
E

elmoooooo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you follow every step in this tutorial exactly, you will end up with a functional non-jailbroken iPad on iOS 7.0.4. You can then re-jailbreak on ios7.0.4, if you choose.

I have tried to follow this tutorial, however, I was stuck at Step 6. Manually restore in iTunes. Even I put my ipad in DFU mode, iTune will not detect it and hence, I cannot follow through the tutorial.

Any clues how to resolve this?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried to follow this tutorial, however, I was stuck at Step 6. Manually restore in iTunes. Even I put my ipad in DFU mode, iTune will not detect it and hence, I cannot follow through the tutorial.

Any clues how to resolve this?

Many thanks in advance!!!

All we can suggest is to try again. All I can think is that you aren't getting the iPad into DFU mode properly. If the iPad is in DFU mode, iTunes will automatically detect it once its opened.

Putting an iPad into DFU mode is a tricky process cause you've got to get that 10 second part just right.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts