1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Pls help...confuse about process/step

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by SueInBoston, Apr 24, 2011.

1. SueInBoston

SueInBoston iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tried searching but not finding my problem...and this maybe a no brainer for all, but I've spent days trying to figure this one with no solution as I don't know if the problem is with my mail, NoteTaker HD or Good Reader

What I would like to do is use NoteTaker HD to edit attachments from my mail account (either word or pdf format), but from my mail program, NoteTaker HD is not an option to 'open in' (my choices are Pages and GoodReader), I have the option to open in Good Reader, but how do I get it to NoteTaker HD? Within NoteTaker HD, apparently there's an option folder to 'import PDF file' but I've look high and low and I can't figure out how to get a file into NoteTaker HD....

I have a similar problem where I would like to be able to bring down or save a .pdf file from NoteTaker to Dropbox, is that possible?

Thank you for any advice..
  2. OUTL4W

OUTL4W iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,726 / 0
    Huh. I can "Open In" NoteTaker HD from my Mail app for a PDF. So, I wonder what's wrong with yours. Maybe you have too many PDF capable apps loaded (as the Open In function can only see/use 10)? Just very strange... Oh, and I can also "Open In" from Dropbox to NoteTaker HD. Wonder why your set-up is different...

What you can do, though, is open the PDF in Goodreader. Then, you can use Goodreader's open in function (arrow in bottom right) to open in NoteTaker HD. It'll be a bit clunky, but it'll work (well, at least it worked on my iPad).

Thanks for the heads up, Outl4W, on Dropbox integration with NoteTaker HD. I love using this program, but getting documents out of it are a bit hard. Be good to see Dropbox capability.

Marilyn