What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please tell me that there is a way to get arrow keys on this thing

ewarrior

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And please, don't tell me to use two finger tap and drag. It does *not* work in some forums. Its the most trouble in a forum where the amount of text in a text box is considerably larger than the box itself. Specifically, in at least one forum, if I quote a long post it is effectively impossible to move the cursor to the bottom of the quote where I can start typing my response. Two fingered tap sort of worked....I ended up with a flashing cursor on the web page itself, outside the text box (still not at the bottom of the quote either). Typing would cause the text box to thrash back and forth between the top and near the bottom, which was nearly vertigo inducing :D

I need a real solution to this besides the two fingered drag which clearly does not work everywhere.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am sorry the two-finger tap 'n' drag does not work for you. I've not experienced it not working for me...

Well, the only other thing you can do is compose your replies in another app, such as the Notes app. Because, unfortunately, there are no arrows in the default keyboard. There are some keyboards in the App Store that may have arrows - I don't know for sure. But, if there are some, you'll still have to copy/paste as the default keyboard cannot be circumvented.

Sorry, but that's the way Apple made the keyboard.

Marilyn

Spiritfree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, but that's the way Apple made the keyboard.
Marilyn

But why make it like that? The left .?123 key and the space bar together take up a vast acreage. It would have been very easy to incorporate an inverted T in the design. Here's my suggestion:
- there's a huge area on the keyboard which isn't used - the dark grey border. Stick the keyboard slide-away key top right on that.
- slim down all keys by 1mm. Less than this might well have the desired effect.
- slim down the right hand shift key another mm or so
- remove the right hand .?123 key altogether
- eh voilà! The space for an inverted T appears.

Similar thinking has the left hand .?123 key and the space bar less wide, giving us a Command key and others.

Most reactions

Latest posts