What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please! Let me choose a network.

Arnoldthepotter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.smallmouldedparts.com
My favourite cafe occasionally changes the wi-fi password. I go to settings, wi-fi and sit there waiting while the iPad tries to log on, wait some more, it fails, tries again and keeps me waiting... Sooner or later but usually later it drops down the list for "Choose a network" so that I can go to the settings for the Bacio Dolce Cafe and tell it to forget. Sometimes it seems the coffee has gone cold. Then at last I can give it the new password, surely there's a better way?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like a poor Internet connection at the cafe. Changing passwords is easy and should work without hiccup. Find another coffee place with better wifi.

OP
A

Arnoldthepotter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Sounds like Starbucks doesn't change the password regularly. Whenever I visit a place I haven't been for six months I'm in like Flynn. This only happens when the password is changed, Ned, you ought to know that down under there are very few cafes where you can get a Cuban blend the right temperature, the right strengthen in a decent sized cup for the right price. It's ADSL2+ and undiluted. I'm already at the best place.

OP
A

Arnoldthepotter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
I think I've got it worked out now, - turn off Wifi and back on, this prompts it to show the named available signal which you can open with the right pointing arrow and click 'Forget network'. Go back click on the named service and you can enter the new password.

Most reactions

Latest posts