What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help!

Martinisme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've just bought the new GTA 10th anniversary edition for my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S2, and whilst it was installing the 400+mb patch it stopped at 74%, I thought it had bugged up, but I let it continue for another twenty minutes. In which time it didn't move, but when I clicked "cancel" it turned out that apparently the game HAD finished downloading, and it started like normal.. The sound played in the "Ram/Rom ok" screen, and during the opening credits, but as soon as I hit the main menu it went dead silent and hadn't played any sound at all during the game itself.

I've followed a lot of posts by different people, and tried multiple different ways to fix it, adjusting my sound settings, turning off and on automatic updating, and things like that, but nothing so far has worked.. I've noticed a few people have had the same problem as me, with the same phone, but also noticed that they managed to fix the problem, but no-one would actually explain how.

So my question is, can someone, anyone, please give me some or any sort of advice in relation to how I could get the sound working, please?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Well, considering this is an iPad forum..... What the hell, ill bite.

Delete the app and restart your phone. Make sure you are connected to wifi when downloading the app AND the data pack. If that doesn't work, idk m8. Maybe reformat the phone.

Sent from the Droid... The one you were looking for...

OP
M

Martinisme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks man! I'm sorry, I know it's mainly for Ipads, but out of all the forums this topic is being posted on, this one seemed the most active by far, so I thought I should try my luck here..

My wifi is on, but how do I make it download with that, rather then with normal data usage?

Thanks again for your help man, really, I really appreciate this hey.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Just make sure your connected to your network and BOOM. your good to go. Also, make sure you have the latest version of the app (1.2.) as that fixed the bugs you described in game.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
M

Martinisme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahhh okay.. Thank you!

I just realized I'm V.1.1.. how do I update it manually?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Well, if you purchased the app, just update it from the android market. If you used other methods, just google the latest version of the file.

OP
M

Martinisme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I got it from the market, I've just deleted and am re-installing it now, it's going a little slow, but it shouldn't take too long, thanks so much for this dude.

6% so far.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Yeah, I got it from the market, I've just deleted and am re-installing it now, it's going a little slow, but it shouldn't take too long, thanks so much for this dude.

6% so far.

Anytime m8. Enjoy the game, its awesome. I was playing i on my wifes Kindle Fire and I couldnt put it down. Haha

OP
M

Martinisme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's at 56% now bro, I was looking through the android market comments on the game, and someone just before said this

"Working perfect on gs2, no lag/bugs/glitches, in the 1st couple hours so far. Had the problem with no sound/not saving, found it was that I needed to free some space on sd. Try deleting a few things and I bet it'll work. Best deal on the market imo!"

So when it's done I'll follow that and make some space, it would make sense if that's my problem, because the only real use for my phone (other then an expensive doorstop) is for GAAAAAMES. Soo.. yeah, it's a little full of them, do you think I should delete a fair few to be safe/sure?

And thanks again for all this dude!

Edit: it's now at 75%

Last edited:

Most reactions