What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

please help!!!!!

Josh_needs_help

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there, I am a student and I had my iPad mini in my backpack like I do everyday. But when I pulled it out and turned it on I noticed 3 blue splotches on my screen. They don't go away and seem to have gotten bigger. The screen is also acting weird when touched. Any advice is appreciated!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Josh.... - welcome to the forum! :) Please tell us which iPad Mini model you own and the iOS installed; also, has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device? What warranty do you have @ the moment?

For starters, try to 'Reset' the device, i.e. hold down the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad reboot - let us know if this helps; if not, please post back - Dave

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's practically guaranteed to be damage to the display element. If you have hard objects in your pack that pressed "heavily" into the screen, or heavy but blunt impacts you could end up damaging the underlying display without cracking the glass. A heat source might do the same thing. If you damaged the display element, you've probably damaged the touch elements too, which would account for the unpredictable touch response.

Still, try the other suggestions. You might get lucky.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looks like compression damage. Surprised it didn't break the glass. Take the iPad out of the case and check for dents in the back where the 3 blotches are. Will most likely need an LCD and Digitizer replacement.

Most reactions

Latest posts