What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please - help with epub file

awdevore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could I get someone to help me? It will just take literally under a minute. My ipad is broken and I need to see if my ebup (ebook) is displaying an audio file correctly on the first page. You can use any apple device that has the ibook ereader app installed. On the title page of the book, you should see the text 'Jane Eyre Audiobook' and then see a little audio player that plays the audiobook file. Is it showing up and playing is all I need to know? I would greatly appreciate it. The 1 MB file is found at the link below.

fileswap.com/dl/9aPW7Kj6/Jane_Eyre-1.epub.html

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gives me a message that reads "Can't read audio file"

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no audio file included in the epub when I look at it.. Nice idea to include the audio within the epub. I am going to try it. Thanks The 1st photo is too small. When it is blown up to fit the page, it is very pixilated. You can make a larger one and save at lower quality. I will check to see if the audio is downloading and just can not be played by Stanza. I see the numbers 1 -- 11 but no other pictures are displayed after the first. I paged through the whole story. The pictures were downloaded. The audio does not appear to have been downloaded. I have a complete list of all the files, including the pictures. No Audio.

Last edited:
OP
A

awdevore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the response. I should mention that in order for the audio to work, I have heard that you must use an apple device with the free ibook app installed which is a multimedia ereader created by apple. Maybe you could do that and try again. Let me know so we can figure out a solution together.

OP
A

awdevore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay so I think I figure it out. Maybe ;) I didn't actually have the audio file in there. I had it as a file that had to be downloaded. Try now and see if the audio file will play right from within the ebook. fileswap.com/dl/hRvmpb7/Jane_Eyre-2.epub.html

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cannot Play Audio File

You need to come up with a way to test this yourself. After testing this for you several times with no progress, I'm finished....

-t

OP
A

awdevore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah sorry guys, I'm heading over to elance. Thanks for you efforts and kind help.

Most reactions