What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

please help now i am disappointed w ipad2

Rotorhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tbkelima

I am a PC kinda guy. I never liked the MAC much, but I just became an IPAD2 owner and have come to really like it. Does it have limitations? It certainly does as do all "small" computers. I did find that i could "make it work" in almost every case. There is probably an APP or a work around for every "need". And you don't even have to jailbreak it.

Every issue or "need" fix was found right here in this Forum. Surprising to find that your issues arent only yours. Most APPS are realatively cheap.....so you won't feel bad ditching a poor one. (But I did read the reviews closely).

Flash? Dont have a fix for that one. I don't miss it either.

Keep looking through the Forum............you'll find your answers here.

Regards
Steve

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for all the reply.
please from all the master of ipad user here. any constructive comments.

yea, its my mistake i didnt do research first.
pls dont tell me that this tablet cant be use best for business or work.
or is it for fun or games only?

Actually it is more for fun and games as you say. It isn't a computer.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The solution is easy, refund it and get a netbook/MacBook Air/Windows Tablet.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Marine 47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree that there area imitations, but the iPad serves my purposes. I debated over a year about spending the money, but am glad I did. The iPad serves as a great portable web surfer and email device. I sit in a comfortable chair and have it on my lap. Don't have to sit in a hard chair at the computer desk. This is not a computer. Take it back get a refund and buy a Pro book.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought ipad2 like 2 weeks ago. sorry i am new to ipad2.
i m very frustated now, as i found the device is too limited.. anyone can help what should i do , or any software or anything that can fix this:
1. why in ms exchange or email , i cant do attachment ???
2. why i cant delete the pic that been sync to itune? when i am outside.
3. what should i do when someone give me a rar files, i cant bloody open it. or i have to open email if i want to check it.
4. the camera or vidcam is totally sucks! when try to video indoor or at night outdoor the results is totally sux.. any app or something to help me fix this?
5. i cant do payment using master card =(..they asking for java auth.
any program or hardware to help me this?
6. i hv 64gb ipad2 . how to put my data files w size like 3gig to myipad2 ? im engineer i deal a lot w big files.
7. pple buy tablet so they can browse internet , but most of the website that i hv to deal with is using flash.. any program that can help me ? i already bought and install skyfire, but still no help.
8. i cant play full hd movie files mp4 format. its totally freeze and lag. myfriend tablet (not ipad) can run that file smoothly. i return to the apple store to ask about this, and they said , yes ipad2 cant play full hd movie (1080p)..is it true?

thanks for help

I think you would probably have a lot more luck with most of your issues on an Android tablet. As of right now there is no Android tablet that I would really recommend, but something like the Galaxy tab 8.9 or 10.1 would probably do you well.

Android would be able to completely solve 2-8. I am unsure of the exchange attachments as I use gmail, but even if it doesn't work natively there ARE applications that do what you want.

1. Not 100% on this, but I am pretty sure Android has no such limitation.
2. Android tablets are autonomous and free of iTunes
3. Android gives users access to the file system and multiple apps to unrar files
4. Android tablets have/will have better cameras than the iPad2
5. Not absolutely sure of this one. This should work on both iOS and Android.
6. Again, access to file system allows you to place anything you want on your Android device. It attaches to the computer and mounts as a mass storage device the same as a USB thumb drive.
7. Android has flash support.
8. Android tablets, even the MEH Tegra 2 based ones can play mp4 files at 1080p, unless they are encoded in high profile h.264. Its this limitation of Tegra 2 that makes me not like the Xoom. Tablets like the Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1 will not have this limitation.

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some people on another forum are recommending the app Downloader for downloading and reading .RAR files. Usually inside the various apps (I use GoodReader) you can mail files.

While i don't disagree with the points you list as frustration, stick with it, with 60k apps and counting, there is nearly always an app that can do what Apple 'forgot'.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can alway install gotomypc. That way younyou can do everything that you need.........

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts