What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help me find the best note taking app for University

cahnman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a bio major at UMD and am looking for a note taking app that does the following:

1. Allow me to use a stylus to draw things like chemical structures etc.

2. Record the class

3. Allow me to play the recording of the class and see exactly where I was when the recording was taken

4. Allow for multiple notebooks

Does anyone know of apps that do these things? Please let me know! I am on the fence of buying an ipad and this would push me over.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look at Notes Plus...

Stylus or keyboard - yes
Shapes, drawing etc - yes
Audio Recording - yes
Multiple independent sets of notes - yes

Have a look in the App Store and then go to the Developer's website where he has some videos showing the app in action.

Good luck with your classes....

Tim

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Audio note does everything you ask for, including showing time in the recording the line was written/drawn. I bought it for exactly the same reason you did.

Edit: only does time for typing, not drawing. You can overcome this by typing a period or something before you draw.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

starmel18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing beats Complete Class Organizer. It does everything. Look for it in the app store.

vsm3283

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally use notes plus. It allows you to type and write on the same page and you can make different books for different classes

JFrazier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is note taking app where you can import an email or other document to edit in note taking? I have several apps that export but can't find one that imports. Thanks!

Sw0p

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The description in iTunes for Complete Class Organizer says it can import PDF's from emails and dropbox integration. Does anyone use this feature?
I am looking for an app which can help me to organize projects and I want to store not only my notes but also external files (pdf,word,excel) in one app.

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Notetaker HD. Super stable and you van annotate PDFs. I use it mostly for handwritten notes but you can also type and draw.

johnhyunyoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JFrazier said:
Does anyone know if there is note taking app where you can import an email or other document to edit in note taking? I have several apps that export but can't find one that imports. Thanks!

Docstogo works well for me

AaronB.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use audio note. It is the best app period no bull. With audio note you can record your professors talk while you are able to type as well as draw shapes and objects if needed. You can highlight key points and much much more. I am a freshman in college and I personally think that it works like a charm. In addition, I have a Zagg portfolio case with bluetooth key board. I really recommend getting some type of fast working bluetooth key board for college. trying to type on the ipad 2 is great and convenient, but you need something fast to talk notes and jot stuff down with. I got my ipad 2 for free from my church and I bought my keyboard with case for $50 dollars off of craigslist. Lastly, If you don't decided to get the audio note app at least get the Pages app. It really comes in handy.
-
sincerely,

Aaron B.

Most reactions