Please help me!!!!air2 cellular

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2 Forum' started by brave, Oct 28, 2014.

1. brave

brave
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Who can tell me how to use ipad air2 to phone? Don't say it no phone feature,I only want to know the method to make it use !

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The iPad cannot make phone calls on its own. The calls are related through an iphone on the same WiFi network. Bothe devices have to be on iOS 8 in order for the feature to work. Phone calls from your iPad are part of a suite of features called Handoff. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6337

3. brave

brave
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    How can I check the rest datum of the SIM card inserted IPAD.

4. Scottysize

Scottysize
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure what you're asking, but the SIM card of the iPad has nothing to do with initiating a phone call. The iPhone's SIM card does that portion, and the hand off is done through the WiFi, but it still uses the iPhone's SIM even after the hand off. That's why both devices have to be on the same WiFi and remain connected to the same WiFi during the entire call. I am wondering about the iPhone being tethered, and if you can hand off over tethering. I haven't tried it that way. I have made the hand off work on my home WiFi.

5. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    To check the usage of the data SIM of your iPad, look at Settings - Cellular Data - Cellular Data Usage. I don't know if these numbers are exact, though. I prefer looking at my carrier's website.

6. Tomscave

Tomscave
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The Handoff feature is nice if you're on wifi, but if you have a cellular capable iPad, you can use the free App "Magicjack" and make phone calls directly from your iPad for free. I've been using the App for over 2 years now and it works great.

7. Blue92

Blue92
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Sounds really neat but why wouldn't I just use the iPhone to make the call? What benefit is there?

8. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    There's the advantage and convenience of being able to answer and make calls on the device you're using at that moment without having to go to across the house or yard to where your phone is.

I've answered a phone call on my iPad while in the back yard when my iPhone was in the house plugged into the charger. Without Handoff I would have missed that call.

#8 scifan57, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014