Please help, lost pictures of my honeymoon

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by entidine, Sep 25, 2011.

1. glittergirl

glittergirl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If that backup is on your work computer, just make sure that no other iPads are synced to it until you can grab the file. You can google iPad file backup location or something to find it - the Apple support site also lists the exact folder where they're stored if you search for how to manually delete backups. You don't want to delete it obv but I know Apple lists the location there. Depending on how much leeway you have at work you could then burn that backup file to a CD, upload it to Dropbox, etc to get it from your work computer. You can do this with a copy of the backup too, I don't think it would need to be the original. @dougrogers has great advice about the sd card too, although if you can manage to extract them from the backup then it might save you from paying for that kind of service. Please let us know how it works out for you, I'm sure many others have faced similar situations and losing important pictures is often a lot worse than just having your music wiped or something because of the personal nature.

2. glittergirl

glittergirl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Oh, I just saw the post from @richsadams when I wrote my last one. Yes, brilliant! That could work, I hope it does! (Since I'm JB I never restore from a backup and sometimes forget about that option!) Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

3. dougrogers

dougrogers
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    And how did you get the photos of the camera onto the iPad? Connection kit? From the first Mac? Did you load the pictures onto the Mac from the camera? Do you have iPhoto on that Mac?

4. dougrogers

dougrogers
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Even before you connect the cables from Mac to iPad, go into iTunes prefs, under the devices tab, turn ON the prevent automatic synchronization .

5. richsadams

richsadams
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    D'oh! I completely forgot about that. Brilliant! I edited my post to read:

Thanks for catching that! :thumbs: