What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help jailbroke then restored now nothing on my iPad

Jamiew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As above guys I jailbroke my iPad 3 a few days ago running 6.1 didn't really understand what I was looking at all the different repos apps tweaks etc.heard they are having problems updating stuff to run on 6.1 etc so thought I will just restore my iPad unjailbrake through iTunes removing the jailbrake and go back to std ios6.1.

So done a full restore then tried to do a backup from my computer but I have nothing lost all my pics,music,and most the most important all my Internet bookmarks aaaggghhhhh

Is there anything I can do really made a f**k up I think

Can anyone help please thanks
A stupid newbie:mad:

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jamiew said:
As above guys I jailbroke my iPad 3 a few days ago running 6.1 didn't really understand what I was looking at all the different repos apps tweaks etc.heard they are having problems updating stuff to run on 6.1 etc so thought I will just restore my iPad unjailbrake through iTunes removing the jailbrake and go back to std ios6.1.

So done a full restore then tried to do a backup from my computer but I have nothing lost all my pics,music,and most the most important all my Internet bookmarks aaaggghhhhh

Is there anything I can do really made a f**k up I think

Can anyone help please thanks
A stupid newbie:mad:

Did you do a back up of your devices before you jailbroken it? If so your back up should be there. If need be restore as new again, then restore again from r back up. All your stuff should be there if a back up was done.

Hinds90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol something happened to me. When I did my back up I stopped it at the last step because I didn't want to backup all of my apps and I think that's who screwed me.

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hinds90 said:
Lol something happened to me. When I did my back up I stopped it at the last step because I didn't want to backup all of my apps and I think that's who screwed me.

Ugh, ya probably, next time if you don't want it to update all your apps you can uncheck them in iTunes , save those new settings and it will only sync the apps you want.

OP
J

Jamiew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will try again I backed up all my files to my PC before I used the jailbreak as instructed.

So just a full restore again and a fresh backup??

I have lost all my game info aswell everything is back to the start Grrrrr been on asphalt 7 for ages lol.

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jamiew said:
tried still the same anyone????

Did you click "restore from back up" ? I'm assuming you did but had to ask, because you do need to click the little drop down box and select "from back up"
If you backed it up like you said every thing should still be there, so hopefully it will work out

OP
J

Jamiew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep tried restore from back up in normal and dfu mode even tried to restore from a back up last year still the same am stumped.

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jamiew said:
Yep tried restore from back up in normal and dfu mode even tried to restore from a back up last year still the same am stumped.

Hopefully a moderator will take a look at your post and have an idea what's going on- or try messaging one of,them.

OP
J

Jamiew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
theres a guy just posted the same thing in the general section:thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts