What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please can someone try and help me?

duma1954

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have just subscribed to Hidemyass . Please can someone tell me how I download the software onto my iPad 3? Do I have to put it on my Mac first ? Yes! Before you say anything, I am for real! I'm not very bright !

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I set mine up some time ago on Windows but it should be a similar process on a Mac. When you have it set up on your Mac, go to your control panel, using your user name and password to find an IP address which you will use as your server information when you configure your ipad VPN. Then follow these instructions:

http://vpn.hidemyass.com/vpncontrol/pptp/apple.html

You can actually set up several connections for different countries but I on,y use one.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
duma1954

duma1954

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I set mine up some time ago on Windows but it should be a similar process on a Mac. When you have it set up on your Mac, go to your control panel, using your user name and password to find an IP address which you will use as your server information when you configure your ipad VPN. Then follow these instructions:

http://vpn.hidemyass.com/vpncontrol/pptp/apple.html

You can actually set up several connections for different countries but I on,y use one.

Thank you for that. I have tried to set it up on my iPad, but I get stuck following those simple instructions as I'm partially sighted. So I need to put the software on my mac first? Is the password I use the one I chose or the password HMA gave me? Which server would you recommend for Netflix in the UK ? I want to watch American tv program's.
once it's on my Mac will that mean that once the iPad is set up, it will work?
See, I told you I was a nightmare :(

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is a few months since I set mine up and I would have to look later to see how to do it again! You would need your own password to access your control panel on your Mac. Just google HMA control panel and log in. You will then see PPTP in the list on the left hand side. If I remember correctly, if you click on that you will get a list of possible servers so you choose which country you want and of the servers to input into the ipad configuration. Just write down the IP address you have picked.

When you configure the ipad VPN, the password you would then use is the one HMA gave you, not the one you use to access your control panel.

I do not need VPN connection to use Netflix as I have the app so I cannot help you there. Sorry if this is not very clear. Hopefully someone can assist as well. Post back with any further queries if you are still have difficulties. HMA are also very helpful by email.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
duma1954

duma1954

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you very much, I appreciate your help. I have followed you instructions and all is ok on my Mac but I can't connect on my iPad , the message tells me its not responding. So, I will send an email to HMA as you suggest . Thanks again :)

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope you get it sorted soon! Hopefully HMA can advise you. I am attaching an image which might help but you have probably done all that! Well, I hope I am attaching it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1372531559.806532.jpg

OP
duma1954

duma1954

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you ! I followed the attachment, but I now get AUTHENTICATION FAILED. But I have sent an email to them, hopefully it will be rectified. My eyesight lets me down so, its probably something and nothing as I did get connected ok on my Mac. Kindest Regards , Christine x

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are welcome! Do let us know when you get it sorted as it may help others who might have a simlar problem. Once you get it set up, you will thoroughly enjoy using HMA!

OP
duma1954

duma1954

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are welcome! Do let us know when you get it sorted as it may help others who might have a simlar problem. Once you get it set up, you will thoroughly enjoy using HMA!

Hello. I tried again today and it worked ! I didn't do anything differently. I started from the beginning though , entering the required settings and because I am partially sighted, I slowly input my password into it and it connected. I will wait for HMA to respond to my email , they may have other checks that can be performed to help others xxx

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope you get it sorted soon! Hopefully HMA can advise you. I am attaching an image which might help but you have probably done all that! Well, I hope I am attaching it!

View attachment 44194

I learned much from your posts in this thread michali, thanks. Nice skitches, too.:)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To watch US Netflix, provided you have a US Netflix subscription, just pick any US IP address from among the huge list provided by HMA. All you're trying to do is convince US Netflix that you're watching from the US, so it doesn't matter which you pick, as long as it's in the US.

I've set up two or three IPs for each country I stream stuff from. The reason for that: Say traffic gets clogged on one IP for whatever reason. I just switch to another. It's easier to set up several at once, because you don't have to re-figure out how to do it weeks or months later. Then if need arises, all you do is quickly toggle from one choice to another.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello. I tried again today and it worked ! I didn't do anything differently. I started from the beginning though , entering the required settings and because I am partially sighted, I slowly input my password into it and it connected. I will wait for HMA to respond to my email , they may have other checks that can be performed to help others xxx

Yeah! that is so good to hear! Sometimes it is just one tiny error (and we all make them!) that prevents a successful connection. Now, sit back and enjoy!

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I learned much from your posts in this thread michali, thanks. Nice skitches, too.:)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are welcome, Andrew! It is nice to be able to have reached a point of being able to help others rather than asking for help! This forum is a great place to visit!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To watch US Netflix, provided you have a US Netflix subscription, just pick any US IP address from among the huge list provided by HMA. All you're trying to do is convince US Netflix that you're watching from the US, so it doesn't matter which you pick, as long as it's in the US.

I've set up two or three IPs for each country I stream stuff from. The reason for that: Say traffic gets clogged on one IP for whatever reason. I just switch to another. It's easier to set up several at once, because you don't have to re-figure out how to do it weeks or months later. Then if need arises, all you do is quickly toggle from one choice to another.

Kaykaykay -- do you use this one--HMA?

Most reactions

Latest posts