Sony began testing in late November 2014 a United States-only cloud-based television programming service known as PlayStation Vue. Now, through an official tweet, Sony has confirmed that its new app has gone love on the iTunes store for select iPad users. The company said the following:
"PlayStation Vue Mobile now available on iPad in NYC, Chicago, and Philly"
So, for the time being, PlayStation new Vue Mobile app is available only to iPad users in Chicago, New York and Philadelphia which are the same cities where the service launched in earlier this year. If you reside within these areas, go ahead and follow the link from below to download the new app from iTunes. Let's have a look at the main features of the app:
- Live, catch up, and on demand TV: watch TV, movies, and sports all without a cable or satellite subscription
- My Shows: Access thousands of hours of your favorite shows by tagging them as My Shows. Live airings, catch up episodes, and on demand programming will be automatically saved to the cloud for up to 28 days. There are no conflicts to worry about, and there’s thousands of hours of storage available
- Favorite Channels: Give your channel-surfing thumb a break. Tag your favorite channels so they are front and center in the Guide and on the Home Screen
- Explore: Find the perfect show for you. Narrow thousands of shows by genre, channel and other powerful filters so you can find exactly what you’re looking for
- Search: Stop guessing what’s on. Integrated search combines results for live, Catch Up and recorded My Shows. Search history is saved for easy recall.