What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playlist problem

eastriver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a professional gigging (solo )musician using an iPad 1 at my gigs to play backing tracks from a playlist. I have been using this system for over a year with no problems - until very recently. It seems that after around an hour or so into playing tracks from the playlist I'll press the screen to play a particular track and it will start to play a totally different track from the playlist?? - so I'll try touching the screen again this time with a lot more concentration and accurancy as I think there's a possibility I may have miss hit the screen but always get the same problem - the wrong track plays. During the gig I have found that the quickest remedy for this is to completely switch the ipad off - wait - then turn it back on which is a real pain as it totally stems the flow of my gigs- it takes around a minute or so to power down then power up - leaving a big embarrassing gap in my performance with me twiddling my thumbs and the audience getting restless. I have tried restoring/resetting the iPad and making a new playlist but to no avail. As this problem has seemingly only arisen since uploading the new operating system I believe the fault lies with the new system but I've really no idea how to remedy this.Other than finding some good jokes to tell during the power down/up break does anyone have any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What app are you using? The developer may not have updated since iOS 5.

A reset 'might' help. It's a little more complete than a restart.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
E

eastriver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The app I'm using to play my backing tracks is the basic apple iPad music player (iPod?) - In which I've made a 'backing track' playlist. I've also noticed since uploading the new operating system that the tracklisting within the playlist often changes of it's own accord. For instance when I open the Backing Track playlist, track 1 will be Bad Moon Rising - but the next time I open the playlist, quite often track 1 will be California Girls and all the other tracks will be in a different order as well.This did not happen pre new operating system so It baffles me??
Anyway thanks once again and I'll have bash at a reset - see if it helps.

Most reactions