Playing music on my Ipad Mini

Discussion in 'User News Submissions' started by Garry Kelsey, Dec 27, 2018.

1. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    There used to be iTunes on iOS, before they rolled/changed it into the Music app. Also some of the music related services used to be called iTunes something. Some still are. To avoid confusion I got into the habit of clarifying what service or device I was talking about. The habit lingers.

2. Garry Kelsey

Garry Kelsey
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

I'm sorry to be such a lame brain but I don't understand some of the lingo in Apple language and it's very frustrating when I don't know where to go to correct the problem.

When I plug in the iPad to my PC this is what happens: The file explorer opens on my PC and I can see my iPad. I then go to iTunes and select the small device icon. (It doesn't always appear) but when it does I select it and then I select sync in the bottom menu. If I exit iTunes and go back in the icon does appear. In the top center of the iTunes screen it says the sync is running but nothing ever happens. It says it is preparing to copy items but stops immediately. I tried selecting a few files to sync rather than all music but that didn't seem to help. In Help, the first thing mentioned was to consolidate the iTunes Library files. What does that mean? Should I copy them all to the iTunes folder?

3. Garry Kelsey

Garry Kelsey
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

As you may have noticed, I don't follow instructions very well. When I did I was able to sync all my music. Thanks for staying with me for so long.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    My instructions were pretty skimpy. Glad you got it figured out.

5. lynx369

lynx369
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    To import into iTunes, go to the files menu on the menu bar and scroll down to Import Files or Import Folder.

6. lynx369

lynx369
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    If you do external drive copies/backups and have to reinstall or reset the OS (reinstall on Windows — reset on Mac), the previously mention Import works best.

7. lynx369

lynx369
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    If you “Consolidate the iTunes Library”, it means that a copy of your non-Apple/iTunes originated music/video files will be put in the following folder: c:/user/(user name)/my music/iTunes/iTunes Media/ ...

8. lynx369

lynx369
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    And it will be done automatically if you select the option in you Preferences, Preferences is menu bar/edit/Preferences.

9. Garry Kelsey

Garry Kelsey
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I seem to have a handle on some of this now and was able to add and delete files to my iPad. For now that is all I want to do.
    Thanks for your input.

10. lynx369

lynx369
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Your welcome!