What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playing iPhone content on an iPad

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a way that I can take movies, etc. that are on my iPhone and play them on my iPad? Either playing content wirelessly or with a hard connection? My iPad has little storage capacity whereas my iPhone has lots of space.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way that I can take movies, etc. that are on my iPhone and play them on my iPad? Either playing content wirelessly or with a hard connection? My iPad has little storage capacity whereas my iPhone has lots of space.
You can't stream movies and other iTunes content from one iOS device to another. You can, however, stream them from iTunes in the cloud if you have a good enough internet connection. If you're using a cellular data connection to the internet it will use quite a bit of data.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hello MoneyGuy - you've already received some good advice; but maybe a little more information will help: 1) What 'movies' are on your iPhone, i.e. those that you've taken or others rented or purchased - makes a difference; 2) Do you use a computer to backup your iDevices, and if so what type, i.e. Mac or Windows; and 3) Do you own an AppleTV which would allow streaming to your HDTV? Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts