What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players game stats form/spreadsheet

crollinjones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure if I need a spreadsheet or a database and a custom form. The application is for keepting track of players performance during a game - shots on goal, passes, hits, plus/minus. I have a spreadsheet form I print and place on the clip board. I make a tick with a pencil - 4 ticks and a cross = 5. You know the drill.

It would be great to have form that you only touch the screen to increase the count and double touch to decrease if you make a mistake. Save a copy periodically. A lot better than a dull pencil, bad eraser in a cold arena.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
While it would be easy to set up a spread sheet or database to record the stats, implementing the counter style buttons you want is not possible in any of the programs I am familiar with.

TallyPad might work as an all purpose counter. You'll have to look at it and decide if you can configure it the way you want. Looks like you could set up each team member as a separate tally, but I don't know if you can record more than the four items it shows in the screen shots. You can try calling the developers and ask specific questions.

I think it's a cool program, but have never been able to come up with a use case that justified buying it for myself.

Also, try going to the app store and searching for (your sport) stat tracker/keeper/counter/etc. ie: hockey stat tracker. And other combinations that occure to you. There are several for basketball and baseball, fewer to none for other sports.

Don't ignore the iPhone apps. They may not be as pretty on the iPad, but they might server well enough.

Most reactions

Latest posts