What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

play usb memory

alberto177

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have an Ipad 2 IOX 7.0.4 without jailbreak, my intention was to buy the camera adapter conection, to well with a SD Blast either from a memory stick or portable hard drive to see movies, pictures and other traditionally files.

1 - can it be done without jailbreak or jailbreak is essential?
2 - serves any accessory camera conection, or must be the original apple.?

For pder not do it without jailbreak, Could be iflash buying a memory drive and put movies on it? and finally usais any application of these cleaning the cache etc etc, the kind of tune up windows. thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I have an Ipad 2 IOX 7.0.4 without jailbreak, my intention was to buy the camera adapter conection, to well with a SD Blast either from a memory stick or portable hard drive to see movies, pictures and other traditionally files.

1 - can it be done without jailbreak or jailbreak is essential?
2 - serves any accessory camera conection, or must be the original apple.?

For pder not do it without jailbreak, Could be iflash buying a memory drive and put movies on it? and finally usais any application of these cleaning the cache etc etc, the kind of tune up windows. thanks

Unfortunately, the camera connection kit, on a stock iPad, can only be used as Apple intended - as a connector to transfer photos and such from a camera. You cannot add movies and other files with a USB card/stick to view them on the iPad.

This can be done with a jail broken iPad, however. But, as you don't wish that, maybe you should look into a wireless storage or streaming device such as the AirStash or Seagate devices?

Marilyn

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the camera connection kit, on a stock iPad, can only be used as Apple intended - as a connector to transfer photos and such from a camera. You cannot add movies and other files with a USB card/stick to view them on the iPad.

This can be done with a jail broken iPad, however. But, as you don't wish that, maybe you should look into a wireless storage or streaming device such as the AirStash or Seagate devices?

Hi Alberto... I strongly recommend that you consider a 'wireless' option such as the one bolded above - the AirStash (which I own) is small and portable, establishes its own Wi-Fi network, and can handle large capacity SD cards (i.e. many movies could be stored & streamed to your iPad) - pic below of the device; also check out the pricing & reviewer's comments on Amazon HERE; also see the this Forum THREAD- now there are other options as mentioned; one being the Apotop Wi-Reader. Good luck - Dave

airstash_16gb.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts