1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

play usb memory

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by alberto177, Dec 25, 2013.

1. alberto177

alberto177 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I have an Ipad 2 IOX 7.0.4 without jailbreak, my intention was to buy the camera adapter conection, to well with a SD Blast either from a memory stick or portable hard drive to see movies, pictures and other traditionally files.

1 - can it be done without jailbreak or jailbreak is essential?
    2 - serves any accessory camera conection, or must be the original apple.?

For pder not do it without jailbreak, Could be iflash buying a memory drive and put movies on it? and finally usais any application of these cleaning the cache etc etc, the kind of tune up windows. thanks
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,743 / 0
    Unfortunately, the camera connection kit, on a stock iPad, can only be used as Apple intended - as a connector to transfer photos and such from a camera. You cannot add movies and other files with a USB card/stick to view them on the iPad.

This can be done with a jail broken iPad, however. But, as you don't wish that, maybe you should look into a wireless storage or streaming device such as the AirStash or Seagate devices?

Marilyn
  3. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +812 / 0
    Hi Alberto... I strongly recommend that you consider a 'wireless' option such as the one bolded above - the AirStash (which I own) is small and portable, establishes its own Wi-Fi network, and can handle large capacity SD cards (i.e. many movies could be stored & streamed to your iPad) - pic below of the device; also check out the pricing & reviewer's comments on Amazon HERE; also see the this Forum THREAD- now there are other options as mentioned; one being the Apotop Wi-Reader. Good luck - Dave

airstash_16gb.jpg