What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planning app thats like a filofax

joP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app that's like a filofax, for example diary, contacts, to do list and notes all in one app.

I have downloaded various but none seem to step up to the mark

Thanks

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't ask me, I still have my old beaten leather Filofax from many moons ago. And yes, I use a fountain pen. My FB is worth two and a half iPads.

As long as you want to fly in the face of a proud tradition and refuse to embrace a time when people actually wrote things with a fine quality writing instrument on 100% cotton bond paper, you might consider using Bento. It is a DB program that lets you create any kind of list or DB.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd suggest looking at the following:

Smart Pad

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/smartpad-organizer/id396332010?mt=8

Pocket Informant Pro

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pocket-informant-pro/id380732176?mt=8

Opus Domini

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/opus-domini-mobile-pro/id492173174?mt=8

I have all three (as I'm a sucker for a great app and they are all great) so feel free to ask if you need any information about them.

The Archangel

Pocket Informant is absolutely great. Calendar (4 views), full featured projects, access to iPad contacts, and notebook. Also able to access external diary databases. Have used it since it first came out, and wouldn't be without it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
J

joP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions

They all look great, i cant choose!!

it's a shame your not allowed a short free trial before you buy. I will probably end up with all three as well :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions

They all look great, i cant choose!!

it's a shame your not allowed a short free trial before you buy. I will probably end up with all three as well :)

It can become quite addictive! Really though, for a few £/$ each it's not a massive outlay to get what you want, at least two of them have free "lite" versions, in the App Store click on the "Developer details" tab for each app and you will get a list of their other apps including any free versions.

The Archangel

OP
J

joP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ended up getting pocket informant but I am having trouble seeing the tasks on the "today" view.
They are appearing on the left hand side of the screen and not on the right as shown in the user manual illustration 3.4

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ended up getting pocket informant but I am having trouble seeing the tasks on the "today" view.
They are appearing on the left hand side of the screen and not on the right as shown in the user manual illustration 3.4

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

In PI. Go to settings/today settings/due and overdue and make sure it is set to On. Personally I have all items on that settings page turned on.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't ask me, I still have my old beaten leather Filofax from many moons ago. And yes, I use a fountain pen. My FB is worth two and a half iPads.

As long as you want to fly in the face of a proud tradition and refuse to embrace a time when people actually wrote things with a fine quality writing instrument on 100% cotton bond paper, you might consider using Bento. It is a DB program that lets you create any kind of list or DB.
hey Bob i use a fountain pen,i love a real pen and bottled ink,always black,i'm the the proud owner of a solid silver pen,Christmas pressie from my hubby,i have two more that i've been using a few years now.

Most reactions

Latest posts