Plan on getting a Zagg Invisibleshield for your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by wot_fan, Mar 8, 2010.

1. DantheMan

DantheMan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I ordered the front and back zagg protection on Amazon for $18.00. This is why:

"iPad has an oleophobic coating on the screen; simply wipe the iPad screen with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove oil left by your hands. The ability of this coating to repel oil will diminish over time with normal usage, and rubbing the screen with an abrasive material will further diminish its effect and may scratch your screen."

You can find this on page 26 of the ipad user manual, the user manual can be downloaded here: Apple - Support - Manuals ; or simply go to bookmarks in safari on your ipad and find it there.

2. stever

stever
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The soft material conforms really well without slits. I am loving it.

BUBBLES ---
    I want to let people know not to panic with small bubbles left the under the film.

Even after I had been as careful as I could be, and rubbing a lot to get rid of them, I still had about 20 small bubbles.
    It looked like this:
    [​IMG]

I used a paint program to make this image to document where they all were.
    (the relative size of the bubbles is about correct)
    I was planning to slowly work them all out to the edge if I could.

I did work on them and they were moving... but very slowly.
    One or two, I could only tell they had moved because I had this picture mapping where they had been. I put it off to work more on later.

Here is the thing...
    5 or 6 days later, I was reading news on the iPad, when it struck me ....
    The bubbles were gone!

The instructions mentioned that, but I hadn't believed it. They had been there for several days. They really were all completely gone, with no trace.

So do not put in hours of work trying to squeegee out all the bubbles.
    They do go away on their own.

Big bubbles, yeah . . . but don't worry about the small ones.

3. ayerbusiness

ayerbusiness
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The Zagg invisible shield cost $35. And I think that is such a reasonable price. I understand how you love your iPad so much that you wish to protect it from scratches and ugly fingerprints. Well, you got a solution. You just have to buy it.

4. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    They have a stand at my local mall where they install Ghost Armor on electronics (basicly the same as InvisableShield).

Its great, they did the full body cover, no worry about scratchs any more. Its got a live time warranty so they will replace it if it ever peals or comes off the ipad. I had an invisableshield on my iphone so i know how well they protect.

5. johny2shoes

johny2shoes
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I had a shield for my iPhone, I found its scratch protection great but for a drop there is non.

6. wrightperspective

wrightperspective
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    If you get the one from Stealth Guard Protectors, it is only $19.99 and comes with a lifetime warranty. I have used Zagg products in the past and I like these much better.

7. Alcoholicaust

Alcoholicaust
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Quick tip for all these urethane based screen protectors (Invisible shield, Bodyguardz, BSE, Clear Coat, etc...) to get rid of the tackiness, put a couple coats of liquid car wax on it.

Makes for a buttery, yet non greasy surface.

I use Ice.

Also, don't be afraid to use plenty of that fluid they provide when installing it.

8. yvrgal

yvrgal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have a Zagg Invisible shield coming in the mail soon. I only ordered the back film since I have Power Support Anti-Glare for the front.

9. Robotguy

Robotguy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Just to weigh in with my $.02: My Zagg is on order. I have one on my iPod Touch and whether or not the screen needs protection from scratches, I really like the difference in feel and the major reduction in fingerprints. I feel a little sick every time I see my iPad with ugly smudges all over it, looking like it was last used by a 3 year old who had been eating fried chicken.

I used to constantly demonstrate the Zagg to people by trying to scratch it with a fork, like they do in the YouTube videos. Unfortunately, the last(!) time I tried this, there was a small burr on the tine of the fork that caught the Zagg. While it didn't actually tear it, it did pull it up away from the screen and leave it stretched and distorted. Whoops! I had another waiting to be installed on my daughter's iTouch but she said she didn't really want it, so I installed it on mine. Hmmm, still need to remember to send the damaged one back for replacement...

I'll update with my installation experience when it shows up (it was back ordered on Amazon).

10. rowan

rowan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I don't think anyone has mentioned Power Support. I just ordered their anti-glare screen protector that's supposed to be good for diminishing fingerprints also. I can live with a fair amount of glare and reflection but the fingerprints issue is tiring to deal with.