Plan on getting a Zagg Invisibleshield for your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by wot_fan, Mar 8, 2010.

1. RockyMountainGuy

RockyMountainGuy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    My thoughts...DO IT

I have owned many devices and have gotten better putting screen protectors on. They have saves many devices. I am careful with my devices, but they get thrown in bags on car seats which they may slide off etc. Despite what others say I have had 3 iphones and many ipod touches. Those with a zagg have perfect screens those with out have micro swirls that are etched in the screen and make it more difficult to view. IMO they are worth the small price. The key to apply - work in a dust free area, use a new lint free cloth to clean the screen, wash your hands or better yet wear nitrile gloves like found in your doctors office and follow the instructions. Don't rush good things take time.

2. mamiamjo

mamiamjo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    hmmm

I'm kind of torn on this.
    I was thinking of getting a screen protector for the front and a gel case.

I have a Zagg on my phone and it was a bit of a hassle getting it aligned perfectly. Also it gives the surface a slight orange peel looking texture (obvioulsy not color though)
    I've had it on my phone for about 7 months though and it definitely stays in place and resists scratches.

I'm a bit concerned about trying to get such a large screen protector aligned correctly and I am also a bit wary of the zagg changing the appearance of the screen.

Maybe the boxwave or the bodyguardz? Do these go on easily without coming off accidentally?

3. Kargurin

Kargurin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I too have a Zagg for my droid.....had Best Buy put it on and it's just about perfect but not until a few tries. One thing I'm not crazy about the Zagg is that it is slightly tacky which is ok for a small phone but for something like the iPad???

I ordered the Boxwave but amazon incorrectly said it was in stock when it wasn't so I ordered Nushield shortly afterward....then was notified hours later the Boxwave was shipping. Lol, now I have two coming in and not sure which one to install. They'll get here about the same time. I'll pass along my impressions. They are both antiglare and I believe also not tacky like the Zagg. The Zagg is not antiglare from my experience...something to think about.

4. Greg G

Greg G
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I look forward to your report!

5. ryan8813

ryan8813
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I've always used the invisible shield on my iPhones... personally I prefer the texture of them on the touch screen over just glass. Never had a full-body version though. Sounds like this would help the iPad to be less slippery.

6. Kargurin

Kargurin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Just be aware that the Zagg doesn't do much with glare. I've got both my droid with Zagg and iPad with nothing on my lap and both reflect the lights above me. The Zagg diffuses it somewhat but it is still glarey.

7. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Frankly speaking, even we have film in our catalog all film is nearly the same we order the best film exist in the market from a well know japanese company is the same result …

in fact i am not fan at all for the screen protector the more worst is the Mirror film he just totally destroy the brightness of the iPad screen, anti-glare for some people is necessary but have some disadvantage …

this my personal opinion … even we are manufacturer and exporter

8. Wongster360

Wongster360
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Installing the full body Zagg only takes about 10 minutes to get it properly aligned and maybe another 10 minutes working the bubbles around. The instructions say to let it cure for 24 hrs before using the unit but it shouldn't take that long. The longer you let it sit, the more the bubbles disappear and the better it looks. The screen is a little tacky because of the material but that doesn't interfere with the touchscreen at all.

I was a big fan of box wave prior to zagg, but the box wave protectors would start to peel at the corners after a few months which I'm pretty sure I wont have to worry about with the zagg. I highly recommend the zagg. You just need a little patience during the install is all.

9. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Dear i am sorry to told you but all the film use the same fixing process … Zagg od Zigg is the way to fix it only the film type change … so for all the products the problem will be the same … i have start to install window film from 1986 untill 1999 so believe my little experience in that field … just see the car window film how they become after some time under the sun Screen protector is exactly the same

10. wot_fan

wot_fan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I received and installed the Zagg InvisibleShield on the back of my iPad yesterday. The installation was easy (except the part about not using my iPad of 12 hours). After it is installed, you can hardly tell anything is there.

The back of my iPad is now glossy with a slight orange peel. It isn't tacky, but it does seem less likely to slip in my hands. One nice side effect is the back is a lot less prone to pick up finger prints and dirt.

I was disappointed by one aspect of the shield. In the other invisiblehields I looked at on the zagg site, the full body shield covers the back and sides. The shield for the iPad only covers the back. It makes installation a lot easier, but I would really prefer it if my sides were protected.

I speak from experience when I say that all films and their adhesives are not created equal. This film is military grade and the adhesive is of better quality than other films I have used. I have little doubt that this film isn't coming off unless I want it to.