Plan on getting a Zagg Invisibleshield for your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by wot_fan, Mar 8, 2010.

1. RockyMountainGuy

RockyMountainGuy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Absolutely get one. They have a life time guarantee, great support & work well. They will improve resale too. I have owned many & am not invested in the company!

2. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I've had Zagg protectors before - if memory serves me correctly they are a b*i*t*c*h to install - and if you make a mistake - you're out the $35.

I think I'll try some form fitting cases first.

3. cimousa

cimousa
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    They have a lifetime warranty if anything happens but you will have to pay for shipping.

4. brobar

brobar
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I've had them on all of my iDevices and am really glad I did. I'm on the fence about getting one for the iPad though. I don't use them for scratch protection (even though they are great for that). I use them because without them my screen would get fingerprints and smudges all over it and I'd constantly be cleaning it. These protectors help lessen (not 100% but by a ton) the amount of babying and cleaning of smudges, smears and fingerprints you would normally have to do. Actually the way I clean my iPhone now is just run my finger over the screen(protector) and it gets all the smudges and fingerprints off... where if I were doing that just on the touchscreen surface itself without a screen protector... it would probably be adding more smudges to it.

For the iPad... it all comes down to if I'll still be able to use my stylus on it. When the stylus comes in I'll test it on my iPhone which has the protector and then on my iPad which won't have it and see if there is a noticeable difference in sensitivity. If so then I might forgo the protector and just deal with the fact that I'll have to clean it more.

5. Edlex

Edlex
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I dont like Zagg due to the water issue. I prefer the dry screen protectors. Hopefully Boxwave will make one for the iPad. I have one for my pre and it is great.

6. lv2rad8

lv2rad8
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Zagg body shield

I have already purchased my Zagg full body shield. Had it for my Bold and it was great, and easy to put on. I can use up 4+ antiglare shields for my iphone before i don't get a speck of dust under the shield and have it positioned just right. Then put on a case and it lifts up the shields.... so annoying!:mad:

7. Edlex

Edlex
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
  8. living2345

living2345
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    What do you mean by water issue?

9. Edlex

Edlex
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Zagg protectors are applied with water from a little spray bottle it comes with. It's like a diluted soapy substance that adheres the protector to the surface.

10. wot_fan

wot_fan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I've watched the installation videos and talked to several people who have used an Invsibleshield. I don't see the application spray being an issue. In fact, from what I have been told, it makes installation a lot easier because it allows adjustment of the position of the shield after initial placement.

Any one with actual experience with Zagg's Invisibleshield care to comment?