What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pixel to Pixel mirroring

joethebarbarian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys, does anyone have a creative solution to mirror my ipad retina screen at full resolution on a macbook retina? i've been trying everything for about a week, including all the mirroring standard apps which unfortunately don't look great (i believe they only go up to 1080). what i'm trying to do is fullscreen a comic reading app on the ipad where the hd content is iPad retina exclusive and unrippable (unless you want to take a year to do multiple screen captures and then photoshop them together.)

If the answer to this is "give up", i may, because i've been on this pretty hard haha

note that the ipad is not jailbroken and is running the latest update, which, to my knowledge, cannot be jailbroken

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only way I know that a stock iPad can be mirrored is if you have an Apple TV connected (to your monitor or TV). Then, you can use the iPad's AirPlay feature to mirror the image to the monitor.

Otherwise - your last paragraph is why this won't work. You can't mirror an iPad without jail breaking (or an Apple TV).

Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
J

joethebarbarian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup

I actually do have an Apple TV and can mirror the ipad but it doesn't appear in the same pixels as the ipad retina. Looking for pixel to pixel mirroring.

Most reactions