What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures of Plain White Wallpaper on iPad-3 !

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So what does that picture tell you? My assertion is you can't tell ANYTHING from it. Here is mine taken with a 4S. New iPad on left. The picture shows a yellow tint in the bottom right of the new iPad. THIS IS NOT REAL. It is an artifact of the PHOTOGRAPH. My screen is perfectly white. No yellow at all. You can tell NOTHING about the quality of the iPad screen from my picture.

Man...your white bezel is friggin yellow. Take it back NOW, please! :)

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So what does that picture tell you? My assertion is you can't tell ANYTHING from it. Here is mine taken with a 4S. New iPad on left. The picture shows a yellow tint in the bottom right of the new iPad. THIS IS NOT REAL. It is an artifact of the PHOTOGRAPH. My screen is perfectly white. No yellow at all. You can tell NOTHING about the quality of the iPad screen from my picture.

Look at the border of the new iPad. This is a WHITE iPad. In real life it is pure brilliant white. On this picture it looks like it is a mustard colour! It is a meaningless picture!

No Infact yours also looks pretty spot on to me ! ;)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
augustya said:
No Infact yours also looks pretty spot on to me ! ;)

But how can it look spot on when 1) the screen shows a yellow tint towards the bottom right, and 2) the bezel of the iPad is a mustard colour? :O

If it looks good to you, then good luck, but I promise you, it proves nothing regarding the quality of colour reproduction of the screen ;)

Last edited:
OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But how can it look spot on when 1) the screen shows a yellow tint towards the bottom right, and 2) the bezel of the iPad is a mustard colour? :O

If it looks good to you, then good luck, but I promise you, it proves nothing regarding the quality of colour reproduction of the screen ;)

No Infact your comparison of iPad-2 and iPad-3 is far more better than the Comparison Photos that I have posted on Post #37 That comparison the iPad-2 whites look Horrible !

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IOS has an in-built wallpaper gradient mask which AUTOMATICALLY makes the wallpaper darken towards the bottom. It is impossible to remove it without jailbreaking the iPad, and there is no jailbreak for the iPad3 released publicly yet. You won't be able to see a plain white wallpaper if that is what you want...

Yes I confirmed this but was not 'aware' of it previously. I have from another post the 8 primary colour backgrounds - a handy way of checking for dead pixels. I note with all of these single colour backgrounds e.g. white, green, red, blue, cyan etc that the "software" shader is applied - thus near the bottom of the screen you have a darker image. So as post above reports this is a general fact of the software and how it chooses to apply the image on the screen. I would not say that it is overall too dark as it shades and in general I always use auto brightness. I have also in my case noted that the 'white' wallpaper at the top of the screen looks naturally white (snow white) to me rather than any particular hue to it.

Of course only in the 'black' wallpaper image do you get 'uniform' black for the whole screen as obviously there are no shades of pure black :).

SquiderDragon

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
augustya said:
Do u have a link or like an article which talks about this ? So how is it the iPad-2's didn't have this,even right now when I look at the whites in iPad-2 they don't have this gradient effect that u talk about. Whites are pure milky whites in iPad-2.

Yes, they do. Look at mine. It's 2.

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Augusta, I know you are contemplating purchasing an iPad and have a myriad of questions and want to see what others' iPads look like, feel like, smell like, taste like, and everything else. Please do us a favor. Buy one. If you think there is something not correct with it, return it for another. Do that several times until you get the "perfect" one. Some of us have had to do that. There are lemons out there. And let us know what you get. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes I will do that and I am preparing myself for that. I wish, I could do that ASAP !

Most reactions

Latest posts