What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures from PC to iPad

jherney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you move pictures from a PC to the iPad. I can do one set...but then when I try to move another the first set is deleted before the next one is added...so I can never have more than one on my iPad.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you. In effect, you have to manipulate the folders of pictures on your PC, putting photos into separate folders, and then sync to the folder that holds those folders. What I suspect you're doing is maintaining a single folder on your PC, syncing to it, and therefore wiping out the photos you already downloaded.

There are more detailed instructions on various threads on this site. However, you may want to wait a week, or so to see what iOS 5 functionality does for you. There are supposedly better picture management tools in the new OS release that may simplify the process.

OP
J

jherney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Actually, after I posted that...I did manage to move individual folders over...rather than just one. I had them in separate folders on the PC, but don't think I had them in iTunes on the PC. Dunno of that was the problem. But I now have 8 separate folders on the iPad. However, when I did move them, it once again first deleted the one I had on there. Fortunately, I had checked the folder that was already there to be added again, so it wound up on the iPad...but I'm reluctant at this point to add any others for fear of eliminating the 8 I already have. I'll wait for the new OS release. By the way, what's OS? Do you see what a rube you're dealing with here...but thanks again for responding.

Most reactions

Latest posts