What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picture password for ios?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking at the new windows 8 and I noticed they had a picture password, whereby (I think) you just tap on the picture 4 times in locations of your choice to unlock, is there anything like this for the iPad??

Thanks

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm jail broken, do you know of something then?

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't, but if you post in the Hacking section you might find someone who does.

-t

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First, since this is going to turn into a jailbreaking tweak question, I've moved it over to the Hacking section - get you more eyes on your question...

Now, some ideas. First, I'm not sure what exactly Windows8 does with pictures, but here are some things with Cydia tweaks that might protect your pictures.

The first is PhotoAlbums+ ($6.99 USD). With it, you can create albums, on the iPad and within the Photo app. You can set a password on each album so that whatever pictures you want secured ... are.

Or, you could get a tweak called FolderLock ($1.59, USD) which will allow you to lock folders, spotlight, settings and multitasking.

Or, you can get yet another tweak called Locktopus ($2.00, USD) that will allow you to set a password on individual apps/icons.

Again, I don't know the specifics of the Windows8 process - might any of these be of interest? They are all in Cydia, and come in the standard Cydia repos.

Hope this helped. Let us know how you get on - or if you have a different idea in mind.

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I am the only one who has windows 8 and actually knows what you are talking about.

The answer is no.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
have just had a look at the new windows 8 logging in procedure and Im not that impressed. The reason being is that if you do this regularly on your touch screen then natural grease marks will show up on your touchscreen, when looked at in different lights your finger stroke will be preserved on your screen and become freely available to anyone who decides to nick your tablet.
Maybe Im being a bit of a technophobe here but surely entering a password has got to be safer and more secure, but im sure microsoft will have spent millions on research!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately the same can be said of the 4 digit number pad password...

It's an ok system. Used for it's novelty rather than it's practicality. A number keypad is also available, as is an enterprise level 6 character alpha numeric password.

The beta has been very, very buggy to work with....

-t

ChangSeea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While it's doubtful Apple will ever support natively on the lockscreen, This looks like a terrific implementation for now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions