What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of iPad killer

ipadfaner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will it be iPad killer? --Wiipad NeNo 10.2" android 2.1 Tablet 1Ghz

Attachments

• neno3.jpg
    neno3.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 338
  • NeNo4.jpg
    NeNo4.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 821
  • NeNo13.jpg
    NeNo13.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 276
  • NeNo14.jpg
    NeNo14.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 281
  • NeNo20.jpg
    NeNo20.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I dont get everyone's obsession with something being an ipod, iphone, ipad "killer". There will be a lot of tablets out there eventually. The iPad will always be a strong contender. Personally, I dont make my purchasing decision over whatever is the biggest seller. If someone makes the perfect tablet for me and they only sell 1000 of them, I will buy it and be happy. It doesn't have to be a "killer" of anything. I don't care what everyone else is buying. Its interesting from a news standpoint, but I have no personal investment in how Microsoft or Apple or Google or anyone else does as far as sales.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont get everyone's obsession with something being an ipod, iphone, ipad "killer". There will be a lot of tablets out there eventually. The iPad will always be a strong contender. Personally, I dont make my purchasing decision over whatever is the biggest seller. If someone makes the perfect tablet for me and they only sell 1000 of them, I will buy it and be happy. It doesn't have to be a "killer" of anything. I don't care what everyone else is buying. Its interesting from a news standpoint, but I have no personal investment in how Microsoft or Apple or Google or anyone else does as far as sales.

I think the point is, the best seller seems to be the best seller for a reason. If the "killer" device really were a killer it would sell the most.

iPad sold 3 million is 60 days because it is a superior product. JooJoo sold 20 because it is an unknown company and by what I've seen a seriously inferier product.

People don't buy apple products because they are made from apple (true a level of trust comes with the brand...because they tend exceed expectations!)...if apple made a crappy product they would be slammed harder than anyone at this point. It was imperative that iPad met both quality and affordability expectations...and once again expectations were heavily exceeding.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say it almost looks like a photoshop....why would they make it look exactly like an iPad? Pretty lame.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
The hardware isn't going to be the locking point for iPad "killers" right now. Until they get more aftermarket support from accessories sellers and better, more professional apps, they aren't a consideration. Android stands a good chance at becoming a viable entity, but their apps are what is killing them now. Until they get some standardization, they are going to have a very difficult time getting good, solid apps produced.

Are there some out there? Yes, but on the whole, the apps are not good. The quality ones are great but the platform is still too fragmented. That is the reason I went with the iPad (whenever it gets here).

And before being called an Apple "fanboy" or any other such garbage, yes, I have full knowledge and experience in the Android operating systems. I have a Droid Incredible for my phone. It's nice and works great since I can't get the iPhone on Verizon, but I definitely wouldn't say the Android system has found itself to be on a level playing field with Apple yet working with this phone.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, where can I buy this right now? If its not out yet, whats the official release date?

I've already put my order in! I also bought the custom NeNoNuNu case and all available accessories. The NeNoNitWit order site says my unit is being built on Neptune and is scheduled for shipment in late 'summer'. I may not sleep for the next few months in anticipation. I've already sold my iPad - junk!

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
So, where can I buy this right now? If its not out yet, whats the official release date?

I've already put my order in! I also bought the custom NeNoNuNu case and all available accessories. The NeNoNitWit order site says my unit is being built on Neptune and is scheduled for shipment in late 'summer'. I may not sleep for the next few months in anticipation. I've already sold my iPad - junk!

You suck! I almost spit Diet Coke all over my keyboard laughing at this! ROFL

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the point is, the best seller seems to be the best seller for a reason. If the "killer" device really were a killer it would sell the most.
That is sometimes true, but often not. A lot of products outsell their competition purely on superior marketing, name recognition, etc. They still have to make a great product, but best sales does not always equal best option. A great example of that is Starbucks. They have decent to mediocre coffee but have crushed almost all competition because they have stores everywhere and have built a powerful brand.

Apple certain deserves its marketshare. They have builts very high quality products (though not always the "best" IMO). They have a good reputation for a good reason. You could release a tablet better than the ipad in everyway and it would probably still not outsell the ipad for a long time because it wouldn't have the reputation yet.

I dont necessarily think there's anything wrong with this, its just the way things are.

Last edited:

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score

haha exactly. You can put together some renedered photos and tell me about the device being built that has a 8000gHz processor, 10TB or RAM, a battery that will last 5 years on a charge, and an OS that will fulfill all your hopes and dreams, but until its real and for sale, I wont be impressed.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
That is sometimes true, but often not. A lot of products outsell their competition purely on superior marketing, name recognition, etc. They still have to make a great product, but best sales does not always equal best option. A great example of that is Starbucks. They had decent to mediocre coffee but have crushed almost all competition because they have stores everywhere and have built a powerful brand.

Apple certain deserves its marketshare. They have builts very high quality products (though not always the "best" IMO). They have a good reputation for a good reason. You could release a tablet better than the ipad in everyway and it would probably still not outsell the ipad for a long time because it wouldn't have the reputation yet.

I dont necessarily think there's anything wrong with this, its just the way things are.

There is one other fact to be considered in terms of this topic. It's not just the hardware. The software available is every bit as important if not moreso in creating something to compete with the iPad. So far, no one has gotten the apps together to even begin to compete with them. Will Android? Hope so because competition will only make both better. But Google needs to finish getting their act together on the operating system and attract some quality developers.

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm dating myself I know. The whole thing smacks of Mork and Mindy. Your NeNo will be delivered be the next express egg from Ork, the scrambler. Nanu Nanu.

Most reactions

Latest posts