What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pickup iPad From Local Facility?

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, of course, just my luck that the day they try to deliver my iPad, I'm not at home so I didn't get to sign for it...

How would I go about picking the iPad up from my local Fedex facility? I've never had to go to Fedex to pickup something I've bought online, so I am completely new to this.

Also, noob-friendly steps on what to do would help. ;)

Thanks in advance.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FedEX normally tries three times to deliver. The best thing is to go to the FedEX facility near the end of their office day. Have a copy of the confirmation notice from FedEX. If you do not have it, you can go to your Apple account and track the package. Then print a copy of the tracking information. It is usually not needed, but I always find that it helps. You may need to make arrangements if the package is still on the truck.

charriga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's easy--I miss the driver all the time.

There should be an address on the delivery ticket.
You go there, with a photo ID, after their pick-up time (usually 4:15 or 5:00).
Hand them the delivery ticket.
They check your ID to make sure you are really you (and not some one who took the ticket off your door).
You sign for the box and it's yours.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CAll ahead to make sure you know what time they close...usually pick up time is like 5 minutes before the customer center closes just as the drivers are returning with the truck.

sunking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have picked up all kinds of things at FedEx because I missed delivery. As mentioned, take your delivery notice (or FedEx tracking number) and your license/ID over to your local distribution center and pick it up. Just don't be disappointed if your package isn't there yet as you will need to wait for the delivery guys to return.

OP
C

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I called and they told me to pick it up at 7pm and I did and I am currently writing this post on the iPad... It's awesome

OP
C

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank God! lol

Hey I still am waiting for my iPad case to be delivered now and I'm debating whether or not I should make a ton of threads asking when it will get here lol... Just kidding. ;)

Sorry if I made any typing errors I'm still getting used to the ipads keyboard.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to hear all went well! I wouldn't have known where to go either. Have fun with it!

OP
C

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to hear all went well! I wouldn't have known where to go either. Have fun with it!

Let's just say that I am extremely amazed with the iPad and the web browsing is extremely fast and after reading everything here on the forum I thought that I was going to have trouble keeping my iPad connected to to the iPad since I have Verizon FiOS and an Actiontec router, but it's working flawlessly with no wifi issues what-so-ever.

Also, the keyboard is very very responsive and accurate and I can type normally on it... Other than the occasional misspelled word. :)

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All joking aside, I'm glad you got it and are satisfied. I know how excited you were so I honestly would have been bummed if you had gotten it and been disappointed.

OP
C

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All joking aside, I'm glad you got it and are satisfied. I know how excited you were so I honestly would have been bummed if you had gotten it and been disappointed.

Heh, I would have been super bummed out if the iPad would've been one of the ones with the wifi bug, but yeah, I'm extremely happy with my purchase with the iPad and for what I will be doing with it it certainly is revolutionary and magical.

Most reactions

Latest posts