Photostream

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by Waters, Feb 2, 2012.

1. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    So it's not supposed to put old ones on? Then that's weird that I got all of mine from my phone, which was a big headache for me. all 600 odd photos.
    Good to know the other info...thank you once again.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Perhaps it does it when you first turn it on. I didn't have much on my phone at the time, so it's possible I didn't notice. What I did notice is that when I cleared it using iCloud, only the ones I took from that point on appeared in Photo Stream.

3. mlaurencg4

mlaurencg4
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Can Twerppoet or someone verify that upload to Photostream from a WIN 7 PC is possible by dragging (pasting) photos into the the 2nd folder created when Photostream is activated in the iCloud Control Panel?

4. mlaurencg4

mlaurencg4
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, found the answer elsewhere:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3388320?start=0&tstart=0

[/I]fixed mine, hope I can help others.
    I did an uninstall and reinstall.* Then created exact folders in my C: drive in my G: (Photo Stream folder with subfolders Uploads and My Photo Stream).* Per the recommendation of another poster I changed the security settings to full control for all users (under the Photo Stream folder properties before I created the two subfolders)
    Than I went to the icloud program on PC, clicked on Photo Steam Options, pointed to new folders and viola it worked (those in Photo Stream already showed within 10 seconds...added one photo to uploads and within 10 seconds it was on my phone and my Apple TV).* Right now it in the middle of moving pic #426.
    Please note: you CAN NOT add a folder of images to the Uploads folder.* Each photo must be added in that folder (you can copy more than one at a time, but just not within its own folder).*
    After two hours of trying to fix it, the only thing that worked was an uninstall/reinstall for me. I think when I tried to copy my entire Pictures folder to the uploads folder I jammed it up.* Anyway, hope it helps.[/I]

5. dMog

dMog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    huge drawback on photo stream that you can ONLY delete the ENTIRE camera roll and not specific photos... this needs to be fixed as i am certain prety much 100% of all photo stream users wish to have the ability to delete only specific images

6. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    If you want changes, best send feedback to Apple:

Apple - iPad - Feedback

7. rdu430

rdu430
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi, having problems with photo stream on the ipad. In settings there is nothing to switch it on and there is also no setting in photo. I've compared to my iphone which does have those settings and are all switched on ok. Previously did have it on ipad. Ipad is running version 5.0.1.

Any help on how i've lost it? I switched if off previosuly on my iphone, but ironically its my ipad that now isn't showing it.

Thanks

8. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    It should be under Settings > iCloud.

If it is not showing try a restart.