What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photostream - Deleting & Folders

jack.strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Two things:
  • I cant seem to delete photostream photos. I have uploaded files using a pc and have photostream setup on my ipad 4 and iphone 4s. I turn off photostream on both devices, which deletes everything. I have deleted all the files in the pc folder. Then when i turn photostream back on, the folder populates with the files again. Any suggestions ?
  • Is there a way to have folders within photostream ? If not, any idea how I can order them by changing properties ? I tried renaming them all numerically but that didnt help.
Thanks for your help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Photo Stream is stored in iCloud.

To delete photos from Photo Stream on the iPad, go into the Photos app, select the Photo Stream view, tap Edit, select all the photos you want to delete by tapping on them (a checkmark appears), and tap the Delete button. You can also delete individual photos when viewing them full sized. Tap to see the options, then tap the trashcan.

The Stream should update across your iOS devices after a while (depending on wi-fi availability and speed). However the computer's default settings is to download and keep everything from Photo Stream. You'll probably have to delete extra stuff there separately, after deleting from the iPad or iPhone. I don't have my computer to auto-download the Photo Stream, so I'm shaking on exactly how it would work.

You can not create folders in the Photo Stream. You can however create shared Photos Streams that can be used to share selected folders with other iOS users and devices.

iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

Most reactions