What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am very disappointed by the options you have with photos on the iPad. You cannot manage them, all you can do is look at them.
Now is my question;
Is there an app which allows you to organize the photos in albums, without using iTunes?
Also I would like the option to zoom in more than the standard Photo app does.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Buhlevins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Photogene. It's $2.99, but it's user friendly and doesn't duplicate files when moving pics to folders. Also, it has some decent presets and manual spec options for editing. I also found an app called Color Effects ( free) and it's another editing tool that has a super easy color splash tool.

Reaction score
Buhlevins said:
I like Photogene. It's $2.99, but it's user friendly and doesn't duplicate files when moving pics to folders. Also, it has some decent presets and manual spec options for editing. I also found an app called Color Effects ( free) and it's another editing tool that has a super easy color splash tool.

The original poster asked if albums can be created. Photogene doesn't seem to have that capability, I suspect Apple will not allow a third party to alter the album creations/deletions, it can only be done in iTunes. This is probably a good idea on the whole. If any of the bazillion apps were allowed to fiddle with the OS at any level (like creating a basic album) Apple would never hear the end of it from users who had inadvertently corrupted some element in the OS.

Too bad Photogene doesn't (or cannot) create albums within its app.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 - that is exactly the intended use of the Photos

function on iPads. It is decidedly not intended to replace Photoshop or even Aperture for manipulation of photos and Apple's idea of directory use may not be your own. It certainly is not mine.

The intent was to give you a device to share your photos with, on the scene, and via email. That it does well.

r12rtpilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ridesroadsandeats.com
So, is there an app that does some very basic photo processing, ie, sharpening, contrast, cropping, etc? My iPad 2 will live in my motorcycle tank bag and travel extensively.

Will it be easy to transfer photos from the iPad to my iMac when I get home from a trip?

Cheers,
Steve

Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
function on iPads. It is decidedly not intended to replace Photoshop or even Aperture for manipulation of photos and Apple's idea of directory use may not be your own. It certainly is not mine.

The intent was to give you a device to share your photos with, on the scene, and via email. That it does well.

Right you are. The iPad is set up to do certain things very well, the PC or MAC is set up to do everything else. I end up using Explore to create named sub-folder under MAIN on the PC (XP-Pro, I'm ancient) which it does perfectly, then laboriously dragging appropriate photos into each. Once satisfied, I sync the iPad, tell it to only do photos in MAIN and miraculously the iPad creates the same named albums that were in the subfolders and organizes the photos appropriately. Sheesh! It's a computer.

Camera Roll is a pain to organize, but do-able through sync-ing I suppose. I don't know any other way.

gaylawilson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New photo app

Iphoto+folder (use lower case "I", autocorrect won't allow lower case in this instance).

New app. Works great.

Golfnut61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have photo-sort, and it does organize your photos from photos pretty well..it was free if I remember...i''ve downloaded a lot of apps..and can't remember for sure. BUT PHOTO-SORT is much better than photos.

Most reactions