What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photos

truth4skot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
after i sync my ipad and i got a lot of pics on my ipad i have double pics and i was wondering how to delete them?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In the same albums, or in a separate album?

Anyway, all syncing does with pictures is mirror whatever folders you are syncing with on the computer. Look there for duplicates and delete or move them. Then re-sync.

Be careful not to delete anything on the computer that you want to keep.

OP
T

truth4skot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the total photos I tried to click on them and got a green check on them and I see a delete button but it don't work.

joomakramjutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is the photos might have been altered to a different file format. The default reader on your computer (one that you have set) has changed the format to one that your camera can't read.

OP
T

truth4skot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so i have to re sync the ipad? to delete those double pics....?any other option

OP
T

truth4skot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What does it mean in a icon at the top right by battery icon with a lock symbol with curvy line with a arrow around the lock symbol ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
truth4skot said:
so i have to re sync the ipad? to delete those double pics....?any other option

Sounds like this is mixed up with the camera app on the iPad 2. I don't have it yet, so I'm not sure how to deal with whatever new options the camera function adds to the mix. Sorry not to be of more help.

OP
T

truth4skot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have original iPad -- download from iTunes software that was needed, it re sync it and now I hv double pics. I'm trying to delete them.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
truth4skot said:
Have original iPad -- download from iTunes software that was needed, it re sync it and now I hv double pics. I'm trying to delete them.

What software did you download?

Have you checked the computer folders and made sure that the photos are not doubled there?

I don't remember if anyone has recommended rebooting yet. It never hurts to try this, and has fixed stranger problems.

Restart and Soft Reset
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4057

OP
T

truth4skot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
downloaded itunes updates software on laptop and then it sync the pics. no the pics were singles.

Most reactions

Latest posts