What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hen I link my iPad/phone to my PC and sync them I cannot find the photos so that I can tick the box to turn them off - ie remove them temporarily from my phone so I can update to ios7 and them put them back on.
I have too many photos on my phone and can't update to ios7 as it needs 3gb and I don't have that space available so need to remove photos as they take up a lot of space so want to reduced the camera roll temperarily but I can't find the 'photos'

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hen I link my iPad/phone to my PC and sync them I cannot find the photos so that I can tick the box to turn them off - ie remove them temporarily from my phone so I can update to ios7 and them put them back on. I have too many photos on my phone and can't update to ios7 as it needs 3gb and I don't have that space available so need to remove photos as they take up a lot of space so want to reduced the camera roll temperarily but I can't find the 'photos'
Do you use the same computer that was syncing the photos to your device?
See if this helps: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4236

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to unsync my photos so I can update my phone and have followed all the steps and I can now get into where I want but I am unticking 'sync photos from....
And then 'apply' but the bar along the bottom is not changing in regrade to the amount of photos I have ? Or is this showing only in iCloud ? I want to get rid of the pics in my camera roll temporarily so I can update the phone and then put them back

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's visible in Settings - General - Usage (Storage) on your iPad.

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have updated my phone but don't ask me how? Just need to sort my photos now :0(
All my photos have doubled and it's saying I have 8000 when I prob only have 2000

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have updated my phone but don't ask me how? Just need to sort my photos now :0(
All my photos have doubled and it's saying I have 8000 when I prob only have 2000

Check your Photo Stream (if you have it turned on). The main Photos tab will shows all photos. When you add photos (by whatever means) to the Camera Roll they are also added to Photos Stream, so you will see doubles in the Photos tab.

Edit:

Hmm, just went back and looked things over again. While I 'know' that this was happening right after I upgraded, it looks like photos taken after the upgrade are not duplicating from the Photo Stream into the Photos tab. Must have been a glitch during the upgrade. Hopefully that means that once you clean up Photo Stream the duplicates are gone forever.

Last edited:
OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't use photo stream on any of my devices....

Most reactions

Latest posts