What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos: What apps are you using to sort them?

Darkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can you sort photos on the Ipad?

My Ipad has it's own ideas as to how it wants to sort them?

Any ideas.

Tom.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HD Photo-Sort work great. I have tried others and Photo-Sort is one of the best. Make folders and sort like you want.

johnbrock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HD Photo-Sort work great. I have tried others and Photo-Sort is one of the best. Make folders and sort like you want.

I'm going to give that a try, Pocobear. One of the few things that annoy me about the iPad is Apples insistence that now my pictures should be sorted by date. I had set up many folders of pics with file names made so the pictures would display in a certain order. Would it have been so bad to give us a choice?

John

NealS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photo Sort for IPAD

In Win7 go to Start/All Programs/Windows Live Photo Gallery. Here you can change the Date and Time Taken for the pictures to get them in the order you want them to display on the IPAD.

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Photo-Sort..the problem I find is that it is difficult to reorder the photos within the folders. I've read the faqs, the info....but can't find out you do that.

Is it missing that feature or am I missing something?

CM

ShouldBeEasy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a computer professional of 25+ years standing and find it amazing that the iPad doesn't appear to have the ery basic functionality to sort photos by filename or last modified date/time. Further the information is not forthcoming on how the sorting can be done -come on Apple, the music system in my car offers better!

NealS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have always found that Apple and Sony like to have it their way, and if you don't agree, they don't care. They shy away also from being compatible with anything competative. I try to stay away from them but sometimes just have to give in and accept it. To sort my pictures for an iPad I went in and changed all the shooting dates and times. That's the way the iPad sorts them.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Photo-Sort..the problem I find is that it is difficult to reorder the photos within the folders. I've read the faqs, the info....but can't find out you do that.

The iPad Photo app does have a mind of its own as to how it wants to sort and display pictures, which is using the embedded EXIF data in the picture file. I followed the steps described here, and it worked for me -- iPad Photo Sorting Issue « nphdigital's Blog

andykeating

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.isol.co.in
There is an iPad app named sortshot which can be helpful to you as it is Quicker an easy way of image retrieval through unique photo and video tagging. Tagging options include personalized keywords, ratings, favourites, or type of media – photo or video. Tapping on a tag provides instant results so that we can further refine our search with additional tags and keywords.

Most reactions

Latest posts