What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photos to the ipad - why isn't there a proper way???

Spielor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi
i am a dentist and i think the ipad could ba an amazing too in the surgery.
i already opened a thread http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/8591-complete-disappointment.html
but as there doesnt seem to be a solution to my problem with appstore approved software i was recommended to ask here.
what i need:
wireless transfer of photos from the mac to my ipad (preferably with a watched folder doing an autoimport - i know i ask for too much) into the photoroll app as all other apps are able to grab data from there.
a possibillity to create folders on the iphone without the stupid itunes sync (handling of photos as you can do with audio would be cool).
a program to display the photo fullscreen and the ability to scribble on it.
the possibillity to save this scribbled photo.
are there any jailbreak apps that can do something like this?

an even better option was to stream the photos directly from the mac into the ipad app which allows to scribble on the photos and save it back - not to the ipad but directly to the mac. it would be very important that a photo can be viewed fullscreen and the nest one can be displayed fullscree as well just by pushing a next button or so. going back into the directory and opening another photo would be not so cool.
does something like this exist?

i tried vnc which i had problems whith due to slow speed, fullscreen display issues and no support for the bluetooth mouse as the vnc client expects the touchscreen to be used and the btstack connected mouse didnt work.

i am asking this as the ipad could be amazing for dentistry and i see a very big demand from all practices which specialize on cosmetic or implant dentistry as these treatments rely heavy on explaining the patient things, selling the treatments and getting the patient to know what his or her teeth look like.

if anyone knows of some jailbroken apps which could do things mentioned above i would be very happy.

thanks

jens

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This might be too much to ask from an iPad at this point, I'm afraid...

iPad applications are small and have to be created. Nothing seems to be ported. What you need can be done but only by switching from one app to the other, nothing easy and streamlined.

Your quickest solution would be to seek out a developer and have them do the conception, one preferably that already has some of the software you need in use. Perhaps you could invest in the venture.

OP
S

Spielor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah i was already thinking that no such app exists.
unfortunately i dont have money to invest in ipad app development (need to buy a laser and a microscope first).
maybe i can interest some dental companies for such a thing and get a free copy.

VincentHunt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
paperaircrane.com
Would love to help...

Spielor...

I would love to connect with you more on this idea. I am the founder of a strategic Ideation Company, and we specialize in conceptualizing and developing breakthrough ideas for new products, services and brands.

Would love to help you out!!

Vincent Hunt

OP
S

Spielor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi vincent,

great!
that is good news :)
what would be the best way to go ahead?
if you want to write me an email my emailaddress is mailATdrkuehnemann.com.

looking forward to hearing from you!

jens

Most reactions

Latest posts