What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos streaming

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An someone please tell me how I stop my iPhone & iPad triplicating my photos?
Every time I sync the photo.s I get more I currently have 3199 ! In reality I only have approx. 1500... Streaming is on but it's not sending pics from phone to iPad ?
Your thoughts please
Suzanne

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
im not sure why your photos are being triplicated,i do know though that if the devices you want to stream photos to and from are not charged 20% and over they just wont stream.

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No they are both charged more than 20%??

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
murphy608 said:
An someone please tell me how I stop my iPhone & iPad triplicating my photos?
Every time I sync the photo.s I get more I currently have 3199 ! In reality I only have approx. 1500... Streaming is on but it's not sending pics from phone to iPad ?
Your thoughts please
Suzanne

Triplicating? Is that painful or fun?

I take it you have photo stream on? If you turn it on then a photo from your phone appears in the photostream on the iPad, nut not in the camera roll (where it will be on your phone). A photo taken on your iPad will go to its camera roll but will land in the photostream on your phone. You can have these land on your pc and/or laptop too.

The place where things get weird is when you try to delete something. Now, I may have this wrong, so do your own testing. I think if you delete a photo from the photostream of a device from which it was not taken, it will simply come back. And if you do delete it from the camera roll of the device it was taken on, it will still come back because it is now in the photostream of the other devices! So, bottom line is that it is just wonky!!!! It like that song that says you can leave, but you can never check out.

Anyway, maybe someone else can give you a more precise and useful answer. I like some of the benefits of photostream, but it gets out on control pretty quickly. Probably best to limit it to two devices and control where the pics originate to keep it under control. Too many cooks in the kitchen leads to triplicating, and we don't want that, or do we? 

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts