What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photos sent from iPad arriving upside down

Reaction score
iPad movies upside down on windows computers

Ok I have the same problem. I have 10 iPad movies of my mother. She died recently and my dad wants them. Problem is, the movies play upside down on my dad's windows computer. On everyone's mac they play rightside up. I understand that QuickTimes have hidden data that describes things like location and... orientation? So macs can access this data and correct it, but windows is clueless. This creates another problem, because I can't tell on my computer which, or if all of them, are upside down, or even if I have corrected them. They can be flipped in QuickTime 7 pro easily enough, but trying to do that I'm working blind. Plus to ME it looks upside down! ARRG!
I need a way to be sure an windws computer will see it the same way I see it. Expor to AVI?
Any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You should not have to actually flip them on the Mac. Just export (not save) them again, try a different format if .mov doesn't do the job. Do one, then try it out and see what happens.

RARatEMU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have synced photos on my pc to my iPad, and they are arriving with a different orientation from the way they appear on my pc. How do I fix this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have synced photos on my pc to my iPad, and they are arriving with a different orientation from the way they appear on my pc. How do I fix this?

I've never heard of that one. What program are you using to view them on the PC? Do they show up with the right orientation on the PC if they are viewed in a different app?

That's all I can think of.

RARatEMU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never heard of that one. What program are you using to view them on the PC? Do they show up with the right orientation on the PC if they are viewed in a different app?

That's all I can think of.

They are in the correct orientation in my pictures, and they are correct orientation in Microsoft Office Picture. I also use PMB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. I have to admit I'm stumped.

All I can suggest is that you try rotating them on the computer again, then let it save them. Rotate them back to the proper orientation and save again. Perhaps that will reset some key meta info in the photograph.

Most reactions

Latest posts