What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photos rotation

idodis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i transferred photos from pc (windows 10) to ipad mini4. some of them are upside down. how can i rotate them.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, that wasn't very clear. There is symbol like a box with elongated sides and arrows at the edges! It is with the other symbols on the left. Hope that is clear [emoji846]

OP
I

idodis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, that wasn't very clear. There is symbol like a box with elongated sides and arrows at the edges! It is with the other symbols on the left. Hope that is clear [emoji846]
sorry. no such symbol. there is a box with an arrow pointing upwards and when i tap it a bunch of symbols appears none is for editing or for rotation only for sharing copy duplicate and so on. when i open photoes i see + at the left side top, albums in the middle and search sign and edit at the top right.wehn i tap edit i get + at the left and cancel at the right. if i tap + a dialoge box asks me if i want to enter a new name for this ablum.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, I see what you mean. I have been just trying with some more of mine. It doesn't work if the photo has already been edited.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have been pondering about this. The only thing I can come up with is to delete the upside down photos
on the Mini and try re-downloading them.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Photos that were synced to the iPad via iTunes can't be removed from the iPad itself. It's necessary to sync the iPad with iTunes once more, deselect these photos, so they will disappear from the iDevice.

Try editing these images on your PC, sync them to your iPad once more. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
i transferred photos from pc (windows 10) to ipad mini4. some of them are upside down. how can i rotate them.

Hello - you've already received some great advice - first, how are you transferring photos from your PC - I'm assuming via an iTunes sync - correct? If so, then their orientation on the PC might be the issue as suggested already.

Second, let me show you how to rotate images on the iPad w/ the Photo App - now I'm using iOS 10, so you'll need to realize that this app is often updated by Apple between iOS upgrades. If you bring up the Camera Roll and select an image - the initial step is to select the editing tool icon (first image below); then pick the 'crop & rotation' tool (second image); and finally, use the rotation icon (third pic) - Dave :)
IMG_7093.PNG
IMG_7094.PNG
IMG_7095.PNG

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts