What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos on new iPad

J4cko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I bought a new 32gb 2 yesterday and it turned straight on without having to connect it to iTunes. Also when I looked in the camera roll there were photos of the back of an iPad box and also 2 videos of the box. Has my iPad been used before? It didn't ask me to set anything up at all, also the name of the iPad is Gdlocal's iPad

OP
J

J4cko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Argos, I didn't think it seemed quite right

Last edited:
OP
J

J4cko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which should have been mentioned shouldn't it. I think I'll take it back and have an argument!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J4cko said:
Which should have been mentioned shouldn't it. I think I'll take it back and have an argument!

I would start the conversation being polite......but knowing Argos you are probably right!

The Archangel

OP
J

J4cko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha exactly. I mean I'm not particularly bothered, but it's the principal. If it is an ex demo you don't know how long it's been used for do you. I could have got a refurbed one from apple, at least they'd have bothered to wipe it!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And you would have received a discount......maybe you should get the price of a refurb off the apple.com store and ask if they would like to give you the difference.

EDIT: also bear in mind that if it is ex display or returned then a number of the battery cycles will have been used up, if you buy a refurb I'm pretty sure that Apple put a new battery in it.

The Archangel

Last edited:
OP
J

J4cko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well they've got 2 choices really, refund the difference, which I don't suppose they will or give me another one. I'll keep you posted

OP
J

J4cko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They swapped it for another one. Although they were slightly confused as it was sealed in its packaging when I got it. Someone at apple must have had a play with it!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J4cko said:
They swapped it for another one. Although they were slightly confused as it was sealed in its packaging when I got it. Someone at apple must have had a play with it!

That is good to hear, we like happy endings!

The Archangel

Most reactions