What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photos on IPad

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can sync through Itunes. I prefer to move mine with Dropbox, a free app with 2GB free storage. You need to install on both your PC and Ipad. Then you only need to drag your jpeginto your Dropbox folder on your PC. (I shoot in RAW, process in Lightroom and Photoshop, resize for Ipad and convert to jpegs. I drag those jpegs into my Dropbox folder on my PC and they are available in Dropbox--its a "cloud" storage. From Dropbox you can get an "open with" and choose the Photo app. Its much faster than typing it LOL. For me, a lot less hassle than Itunes but that works fine too). If you need more info I'll be glad to go into more depth,

Diane

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I like DropBox too, but as long as you have a Mac you have the option of using the iPhoto program.
Just set up the albums you want on the iPad in iPhoto on your Mac.

Then plug in your iPad and go to iTunes. Select your iPad from the Device list and go to Photos using the link at the top of the page. Here you can set your iPad to sync with iPhotos, and select the albums you want to sync. Sync.

To make changes to your iPad photo albums you change things in iPhotos and sync again.

The only exception is the Saved Photos album on the iPad. These are photos you created or downloaded on the iPad using a method other than iTunes. This is the only ablum you have the option of deleteing photos directly from the iPad, and they will not sync back through iTunes. You have to export them using Mail, or another app.

Hope that sets you up.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's not that much harder to do on a PC. You just create folders and point the sync to them.

Of course you miss out on a lot of the cool organizing features of an iPhotos sync, like Events, Faces, and Places. Thats my main reason for suggesting it over DropBox for Mac users.

The other reason is that unless you go through all the photos in DropBox and make them favorites they won't be available offline. Might make a difference for some people, like rural bumpkin me. ;)

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can open them in Photos also, or really "save to" but there again you have to do it individuslly. Only reason I prefer that to "favorites" is because I can insert in other apps, sort or use in something like Collections or Reeldirector.

Most reactions

Latest posts